Prusa mendel i2 Build log

camaro_dude15

so i have ordered all the parts, i need, or at least all the parts i think i need, along with picking up some of the hardware from my work, like the nuts washers and threaded rod, and the packages have started to trickle in, and so it begins

so far, i have all m8 nuts washers and rod, all of the electronics, arduino mega, ramps shield, 5 stepper motors and drivers, heated bed, six end stop switches, reprap smart ramps 1.4 lcd controller (which lets the printer run off of an sd card instead of a pc), said sd card adapter socket thing, a chinese rep rap hot end which actually looks like it will way out perform the normal wade's extruder, it actually came with its own stepper motor already mounted so now i have an extra

post-72816-0-97625200-1399696389_thumb.jpg

most of these i had shipped from over seas, the only damage was to the heated bed, the extruder was packaged pointy side down on top of the pcb heat bed, and has scratched through to the copper, and in one of the marks it made actually dented the pcb into the other side, as long as the heating element traces aren't shorted i don't care because i will have a piece of glass on top of the pcb heat bed.

post-72816-0-75581000-1399696559_thumb.jpg

i have never had anything shipped dhl before but i am very impressed 

it would have made it in two days if i had been home yesterday

post-72816-0-90544300-1399697667_thumb.png

as soon as the plastic parts get here progress will be made!

Good luck with the project, looks like a fun bit of assembly :)

i have never had anything shipped dhl before but i am very impressed 

it would have made it in two days if i had been home yesterday

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

On a side note I'm glad DHL worked out for you, but around in my area they have all but disappeared.  Back several years ago they offered a promo to try them out where they gave you a $25 gift card if you opened and used a shipping account with them, they damaged my initial test shipment, lost a package that was being sent to me, and lost another package I shipped with them about a month later.  This had me embrace the idea DHL might stand for Dropped, Heaved, or Lost...I'm guessing just poor management in the area considering how big of a company they are but it seems that I wasn't the only person around here getting mixed service, and they have someone else do the final leg of delivery to me when I have things shipped here by them now (not by my choice, though backing up my theory it was an isolated issue around here none of those shipments have ever had issues) and about the only way to ship with them in the area now is to go to The UPS Store...and that just seems funny to me.

quick update: got more parts! printed parts are in, smooth rod and bearings are in, and i bought a damaged psu, 800w seasonic that the 24 pin connector was melted on one end, paid .99 cents (i dont want to talk about shipping), figured i was cutting it off anyway so... why not,

plastic parts, are a little rough straight from the printer, needs some sanding and clean up work

post-72816-0-90042800-1399856851_thumb.jpg

i have know idea why there are two copies of clue on my table

when i originally wrote it i typed i have no clue, but then realized how ridiculous it was and changed it, lol

all the metric screws came in today, the more i lay out the parts to get ready and check the build steps the more i realize i forgot to buy something, i had to add a thermistor for the heat bed, and a piece of mdf or plywood to the list

i'm very confident in myself for the mechanical build and the wiring, but the software, loading the firmware, and modifying the firm ware to calibrate this machine is what has me worried this will end up as art, or a boat anchor

ah crap, speaking of calibrate, i need to add a metric measuring device to the list, couldn't find one at the auto part store i work at or walmart

12 inch caliper that does metric, or a quality metal ruler or square