arcticlean thermal remover

It does work. Been using it for months now and always get a clean surface. What I do is that I take off the majority of the tim with a cotton swab like qtips then use the #1 and soak up the rest, sometimes I do it twice till I get a clean surface by checking the swab stick if its clean which means the surface is clean. Then use the #2 for final cleaning.

um... paper towel the entire thing.. jeez

then just use some GOO GONE. which is cheap but works. or just use some alcohol . aagain with paper towel. and its clean

you can never get any surface 100% clean. so forget what people say.

unless maybe you wanna build a clean room in your house..

Wipe it clean with a paper towel then go back over it with a paper towel moistened with acetone(available at walmart and paint stores). If acetone wont get it off, there isnt much else that will that is safe to use lol.

just buy it from microcenter or local shop to save shipping. use credit card to scrap off most of the TIM and use #1, wait 30 sec, wipe it off, use #2 and you have shinny proc:D

i wouldn't try acetone cause it'll eat away the PCB of your mobo and the plastic part of your proc.

Isopropyl Alcohol at 90% or greater is the only cleaner I've ever needed.

Goo Gone and any other product with citrus or petroleum products is not recommended since the oils will penetrate into the surface defects and block the TIM from doing its job.

Acetone can be used but care must be taken to only apply it to the metal surfaces. Acetone can and will soften the adhesive used to keep the IHS attached to the processor mount.