heating problem..cant solve it..Graphic card & Power supply

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52C is nothing for a graphicscard, you will have you have double the temp to be anywhere close to it failing because of overheating. You don't have any temps for the VRMs though... maybe you could post a picture of the card?

With the overclock on that card, and the cooler... It's now pretty sure that it's your powersupply!

The cooler looks great with twin fans, and the overclock makes it eat a little more power.

Get a proper Corsair or similar powersupply!

I had the same problem of random shut-downs when I was playing Fallout 3 at WinXP. But I didn't happened when I played COD4. We know Fallout 3 is CPU intensive.

It could be your CPU that's having the problem. Are you using a stock cooler? Have you checked your CPU temps?

Try to disable CPU fan control at your BIOS settings and keep it at full speed.

It could also be your CPU Voltage. That's a 90nm Athlon right?

I could be wrong but hope this helps a bit. :)

I had the same problem of random shut-downs when I was playing Fallout 3 at WinXP. But I didn't happened when I played COD4. We know Fallout 3 is CPU intensive.

It could be your CPU that's having the problem. Are you using a stock cooler? Have you checked your CPU temps?

Try to disable CPU fan control at your BIOS settings and keep it at full speed.

It could also be your CPU Voltage. That's a 90nm Athlon right?

I could be wrong but hope this helps a bit. :)

thanks..

if i play warcraft III:Frozen Throne DOTA game or blackshot..it got no problem..when i play the sims 3 or use 3DMark06 test..it suddenlly turn off..the cpu temperature is not hot..

It could be you CPU that is causing the instability leading to those crashes.

I suggest you try to run Prime95 or AMD Overdrive Stability Test for a few minutes.

If you got no crashes then we can say that your CPU is fine.

I hate to say so, but I agree with the others, the issue is most likely with your power supply.

First of all, a GPU running at 52 degrees under load is pretty good. I was just looking at this review of a case: Thermaltake V9 when I noticed your post, and since I have had a similar experience to you, I thought I'd post.

Pretty nice case btw, think I'll buy one. Anyway, the GPU they used in their test runs at 68 degrees at idle! So 52 degrees is nothing to worry about.

As for your power supply, I couldn't find anything about that brand with a few quick searches, so I'm afraid edvan is pretty meaningless. Frankly, the rating of 550w written on it is pretty meaningless too. I hear that with these cheaper mass produced power supplies, they make a batch of say 1000, test 20 of them, then rate them all according to whichever of the 20 gave the best performance. You're probably just not lucky enough to get the one that did 550w. That was several years ago though, and all these power supplies seem to be 550w these days, so I doubt they even bother testing any of them anymore.

Do yourself a big favour & go buy yourself a really good power supply that has all the newest connectors on it. Also, get one that is several hundred watts more than you need and you'll hopefully be able to keep using it 5 years down the track when you've upgraded your computer several times.

something like this would be a nice choice Corsair HX1000w, but if you are on a budget, Corsair VX550w should be enough for your current needs.

Edited by uzetaab

Just to prove its not your ram download memtest and run through a few passes.

But I would also suggest getting a new psu, and never buy one from a noname brand that can't be found on the web. Your friend with the psu that is lower than yours might be a higher quality unit, or he lucked out and got one of the ones they actually tested.

This was the only info that I could find about edvan http://www.passo.com.my/ Turns out Edvan is a sub-brand of Passo. I have never heard of any of their products ever. But they make all sorts of stuff, memory lcds graphics cards motherboards and cases.

Edited by slick2500

Just to prove its not your ram download memtest and run through a few passes.

But I would also suggest getting a new psu, and never buy one from a noname brand that can't be found on the web. Your friend with the psu that is lower than yours might be a higher quality unit, or he lucked out and got one of the ones they actually tested.

This was the only info that I could find about edvan http://www.passo.com.my/ Turns out Edvan is a sub-brand of Passo. I have never heard of any of their products ever. But they make all sorts of stuff, memory lcds graphics cards motherboards and cases.

When my friend use his power supply..he got no problem..when i use..within 30 minutes..it blow up..but..i use mobo ASUS M2A-VM while using that psu..i buy that mobo secondhand..

ok..i will buy new psu..but in malaysia..i only know COOLERMASTER is the best psu..

Edited by zafriez123