Cooler Master's Big Block V8

Nemo

Wow...that looks awfully good. It did pretty well against the TRUE. Too bad you can't swap in a 38mm thick fan (if you can, correct me).

Any idea when it'll be available?

As a side note...are these heatsink reviews all done with standard conditions? Same case (no case?) / airflow / ambient temperatures?

As a side note...are these heatsink reviews all done with standard conditions? Same case (no case?) / airflow / ambient temperatures?

Yes they were all done with standard conditions, every component was given the exact same voltages/clock speeds. The only airflow that changed was what the cooler was pushing and the ambient temps were the same across the board

Yes they were all done with standard conditions, every component was given the exact same voltages/clock speeds. The only airflow that changed was what the cooler was pushing and the ambient temps were the same across the board

Awesome :)

Curious of the source of data for the TRUE. Was there one or two fans on the TRUE that you used in the test? Which brand and model of fan(s)? Thanks!

Not a problem :)

It was a single fan sucking from the front to the back located on the front of the cooler, there is a 120mm fan on the back panel of the case

The fan that is used on the TRUE 120 for those temps was a Thermaltake TT1225 (A1225L12S)

Not a problem :)

It was a single fan sucking from the front to the back located on the front of the cooler, there is a 120mm fan on the back panel of the case

The fan that is used on the TRUE 120 for those temps was a Thermaltake TT1225 (A1225L12S)

Sounds like running 2 fans in push/pull might allow the TRUE to beat the V8, of course at added expense for no doubt a limited benefit for most. Bang for the buck wise I imagine the V8 walks all over the TRUE especially the added cost of a second fan. Looks wise I prefer the TRUE though, just my personal opinion.

Are the Cool Master V10 and V12 out yet? Those should stomp the TRUE if they do not snap your motherboard in half.

http://www.doomedpc.com/?q=node/58

"Thermaltake TT-1225

The Thermaltake TT-1225 fan is a 120mm fan which comes bundled with most Thermaltake cases, at the moment you can't buy it separately under this model number. It is pretty much identical to their blue-LED smartfan model.

It