Good upgrade from a GTX 470 SLI

Voltes_5

What would be an excellent upgrade from my gtx 470 sli? Budget is $400, but can be increased a bit. Was looking at an R9 270X by XFX. How about a gtx 770. Got a best buy CC with a limit of $3000, thats where I am getting the card. Cash got a depleted a bit, buying ammo for my rifles, LOL.

Man, I'm so out of touch on these things. It seems that if I had to upgrade, it will have to be on the higher end cards, and spend more.

Yah, best buy still have cards, lol. And I get free shipping if an item is not available in store and ship it to a local store.

EVGA GTX 770 SC is under $400 W/free shipping,.. would be a good upgrade,.. and the GTX 780 Ti would be an Excellent upgrade.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia-geforce-gtx-770-sc-2gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card/1017131.p?id=1219045513625&skuId=1017131&st=graphics cards&cp=4&lp=5

Edited by Braegnok

EVGA GTX 770 SC is under $400 W/free shipping,.. would be a good upgrade,.. and the GTX 780 Ti would be an Excellent upgrade.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nvidia-geforce-gtx-770-sc-2gb-gddr5-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card/1017131.p?id=1219045513625&skuId=1017131&st=graphics cards&cp=4&lp=5

:withstupid:

A good deal of GTX780ti would be an awesome upgrade for you.

THanks IVI, in fact that was one of my choices when I mentioned it on the OP. Much appreciated. Would that work also for a future SLI move?

feetfats, no credit card debt here, its just to keep our credit score at the 720 and above ball park. My wife and I have three credit cards, BB/Macy's/Credit Union. All three combined have under $1500 debt. And we have no other debts, well apart from our 2011/2012 IRS audit which they tell us that we owe them $149/$200 respectively, LOL. The BB cc have an option to pay for the item in a certain ammount with no interest for a period of 6/12/18 months. Like I said, to keep the credit score stable, just dont mess it up, LOL. Two weeks worth of work pay will pay for all that debt.

Edited by Voltes_5

If you're seriously considering a 290 or 290X I'd recommend waiting until some of the vendor partners start building cards with custom cooling solutions.  I hate the OEM squirrel cage coolers...........

You actually have quite a few options with a $400 budget.

What resolution are you gaming at and what titles are you playing / planning on playing?  Any loyalty to team red or team green?

If you're seriously considering a 290 or 290X I'd recommend waiting until some of the vendor partners start building cards with custom cooling solutions.  I hate the OEM squirrel cage coolers...........

You actually have quite a few options with a $400 budget.

What resolution are you gaming at and what titles are you playing / planning on playing?  Any loyalty to team red or team green?

He's at 1920x1200

in the used market we also have:

EVGA GTX680 Superclocked 2GB $260 (guy says he'd help with the RMA...so lifetime warranty still)

Asus GTX 680 2GB (GTX680-DC2O-2GD5) DirectCU II $265

Edited by IVIYTH0S

IvI, I think its about time I got myself a brand spanking new card, LOL. I mean after almost 3 years of not smelling that brand new odor of a card. To tell you the truth, the last brand new card I purchased was the XFX GTX 260.

Wev, honestly, I got pushed into purchasing Skyrim Legend Edition/AC Black Flag/BF4 for under $70, the deal was sweet could not pass on it. Wife and was just shopping pretty much for clothes when I entered a Game Stop and there it was, Black Flag for $14.99, Skyrim for $24.99 and BF4 for $19.99, after all the taxes it came to under 70 bucks. So those are the new games I am playing, other than that, I still play at a modded cod4 server.

As far as the 290X goes, it was along the lines of the top that I would spend on. I am not really partial to amd or nvidia, both have been excellent in my systems.

THanks IVI, in fact that was one of my choices when I mentioned it on the OP. Much appreciated. Would that work also for a future SLI move?

feetfats, no credit card debt here, its just to keep our credit score at the 720 and above ball park. My wife and I have three credit cards, BB/Macy's/Credit Union. All three combined have under $1500 debt. And we have no other debts, well apart from our 2011/2012 IRS audit which they tell us that we owe them $149/$200 respectively, LOL. The BB cc have an option to pay for the item in a certain ammount with no interest for a period of 6/12/18 months. Like I said, to keep the credit score stable, just dont mess it up, LOL. Two weeks worth of work pay will pay for all that debt.

So your paying interest each month on the credit cards?

Edited by feetfats