Your Sound Equipment

Fogel

Current headset: Steelseries Siberia V2 (very good quality for the price, decent noise canceling, sound quality is pretty solid)

Current Amp: Astro Mixamp (not much amplitude, and I've damaged mine so that it has issues with DH :(, but it's normally a very good piece of hardware.)

Current speakers: Some Pioneer speakers pulled from a stereo system of which I don't know the model number. I don't use them often, only when I'm watching a movie with my friends.

I've used/owned a lot of other stuff that I'm far too lazy to type out.

I always found the new things that you can hear on quality setups especially noticeable in music you have listened to for a long time. My favorite catch was listening to a song and thinking "wait did i just hear him inhale? that wasn't there before..."

As for my setup the only things of note I have are my Astro A40 headset and mixamp (That way I can use the optical out and headset on all my systems). And my PC has a Asus Xonar DX that is simply one of the useful upgrades on my PC.

I am thinking of doing an in wall (actually ceiling for everything but center) installation in my living room and I am leaning towards the generic monoprice speakers that have some really good reviews. Knowing how many monoprice fans there are here, has anyone tried these?

I am thinking of doing an in wall (actually ceiling for everything but center) installation in my living room and I am leaning towards the generic monoprice speakers that have some really good reviews. Knowing how many monoprice fans there are here, has anyone tried these?

Is ceiling the only way or do you have options such as floor standings or bookshelf's?

If you supply the booze and food...I'm in. :lol:

Now that's just being greedy :lol:

Beer isn't good enough, gotta throw in the munchies too!

Very nice review Fogel thanks for posting that.

I have a feeling this will be my Headphone amp for my Desktop PC.

Head-fi people really know their stuff and how to comment on sound equipment. I just wish they were friendlier down there. Getting someone to respond to you is hard. Getting someone to answer half of what you want to know is damn near fricken impossible. You have to ask a very succinct question, pray the generous people are watching at that second before your post fades to page 3 within 25min, and they're in a good mood. :)

It's great for stuff like that though, where someone goes out of their way to write in depth review and people keep bumping it.

Head-fi people really know their stuff and how to comment on sound equipment. I just wish they were friendlier down there. Getting someone to respond to you is hard. Getting someone to answer half of what you want to know is damn near fricken impossible. You have to ask a very succinct question, pray the generous people are watching at that second before your post fades to page 3 within 25min, and they're in a good mood. :)

It's great for stuff like that though, where someone goes out of their way to write in depth review and people keep bumping it.

I know exactly what you mean!

Luckily I have this forum. Oh and Troy (bp) I always ask him about my audio questions lol!