Apples

swifty11212

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mac users swear by there macs. P.C. users swear by there P.C. I will be honest just like most of you I have never ever seen the screen of a mac so why should I throw stones. I do sell D.V. equipment and apparently the macs are good for something because that is what a lot of my customers use. I am a gamer and I have never seen mac compatable stamped on any of my games so I would not have one. It has nothing to do with being anti-mac.

i think ill just get a emac just to play around with it, if i like it and dont have many problems i might get a g5 then. but if i dont like the experience then ill just build a p4 or amd-64 rig. my previous interations with macs @ school were fairly nice, but the mouse :( but it all boils down to the uses/experience/and relyability (i think its spelled).

g5's are great for what they do.. i have to give it to the apple people for adopting a unix based os.. that was key in there servival.. go to os 9 and try to run more then 2 applications at onece.. i dare you.. try internet explorer and netscape at the same time.. it crashes os9 .. the g5's ar great for photoshop and video editing.. but that about it.. if you want to game, modd, ect... dont get a mac.. for macs are extreamly easy to use because everything is dumbed down by 2039% on a pc.. usually there is a more advanced way to do somthing, and isted of a mac giving you a real error so you can fix it.. if gives a picture of a power button when you start the computer, and tell you to hold down option-apple esc or somthing to restet it.. and if that dont work.. they DONT. .tell you how do do a "safe boot" you have to look it up.. thats not so user friendally.. the new os alows you to accest the terminal to get extream power.. but then you go from somthing very simple to somthing very complex .. a simple GUI to a confusing Terminal.. there is no happy-medum... apples would be better in the sence that they are geered to graphics.. but take a look at doom 3.. you think for 1 sec a team on a mac could do a better job the ID when making that game?? macs a basically for newb's that want a easy to use compuer, for basic stuff.. and want to burn money for stupid looks over functionality

Asus, the was a VERY difficult post to read and understand...

And people who want a computer for basic stuff go buy a 2 ghz Celeron from "Buck a Day"

And I hardly consider a Macintosh to be easy to use...Even when I'd never owned a PC before, Mac's system confused me. Then I got sat infront of a PC, the "Start" button was there, Easiest thing in the world...

well.. im just saying.. macs "the new os" is very simple for simple users.. thats about it.. not advanced anything.. .the CP sucks.. because its built for newbs.. lol.. i dont like mac eather.. but i would surley take a g5 over a celeron

Ok ok I just heard it for some computer expert in a computer shop. I did really think that he was true just saying what he said. Schools are the only people who buy them and there allways breaking seen in schools a whole computer lab broken they were all 1 year old. Also you can t upgrade them there cpu is built into the motherboard. They don t have no cooling in them all they use is heat coils and all the heat just flots to the top of the computer and goes out. I am not that stupid to use the operating system or comuters. I use windows xp proffessional. I agree with you guys there not good computers.