Diablo 3

tkrow21

i don't think this has been posted yet so here

there are some spoilers

i think ima still play it even though torchlight was rageably boring to me

Hope they catch this guy. I can't imagine Blizzard have that many testers, shouldn't be hard. Hope this interview was faked. Either way I'll still get it unless GW2 comes out around the same time.

AGREED

But when you can't play mutliplayer you can just play single player, with Titan Quest you can play either with the same character just by hoping onto a server or hosting your own game.

IIRC you can do that with a LAN game in Diablo II as well. I almost never actually played with a single-player character. :P

My problem with Titan Quest is that while it has an online portion to the game, the community is an absolute failure. While this might be because I bought the game so late (2010), and the community has already diminished, Diablo 2 is still an active game and it's been a much longer time since its release. This is pretty important to me, because, keep in mind I'm a lot younger than most people here. I'm only 16, and I grew up knowing I could hop on my computer and play with my friends, that I didn't have to sit alone clicking my mouse, and singleplayer doesn't quite connect with me as well as multiplayer. This would also explain why Torchlight was not an automatic favorite of mine despite being developed by the same people as Diablo 2.

Now you know what RPG I sunk a lot of time into? The Mythos beta, under Flagship Studios. The game wasn't even released and it had a really healthy online community, but because of Hellgate: London's failure, the studios shut down, and Mythos went down with them.

Hell, I haven't even finished the campaign for Starcraft 2, and I've put thousands of hours into the game.

As long as Diablo 3 lets me hop into Skype or Ventrilo and laugh with my friends as we play the game, I'm sure it'll be successful for me, whether or not it has unlimited portals and realistic item drops or not. Both Titan Quest and Torchlight didn't give me this, and that's why it didn't keep me playing.

Also, I played Diablo 2 mostly from 2002 - 2008, quite a long time after it was released.

I've tried it like 3-4 times already. -.-

Edit: I know trying to understand me is like hitting your head into a brick wall, I know the feeling, but I acknowledge that Titan Quest and Torchlight improved on Diablo 2, but that their ultimate lack of an online community (playable) made it a turn-off for me. Since Diablo 3 is guaranteed to have a huge following, I know I won't have this issue with the game, and I'm in fact planning a small LAN party of sorts for the midnight release. That's why I'm so hyped for the game.

ah...

I can agree and disagree a little bit here...

Titan Quest still has a pretty huge online following but, you arent going to get the full game experience playing Multiplayer online at least not in todays world. Simple terms when you want to play online whether you join or host a game 99.999% of the time the others are only interested in Boss runs or trading Loot. This really detracts from the game and WILL make the game un-enjoyable it does for me. I have noticed this many many times and its why I wont play online with online servers. Another thing it does is ruin your Quest structure and unless you know how to reset your Quest it really ruins a character. This is mainly from others jumping in and harvesting Bosses whiles you're genuinely running missions.

I think TQ picked up where D2 left off and the game has some great differences but, the main thing is you're not going to enjoy the game too much on Single player either unless you are3 just in it for the Quest strategy. The way the game is made it runs on a sliding scale that on one player will only get a percentage of loot and drops and the more players you get the harder the game play is and the more loot and drops you get. Your chances of getting anything of good use on a drop in Single player is very unlikely unless you use a 3rd party app and restructure the drops like with Defiler.

The game does have some design flaws but for the more part if you learn how the game works and use that to your advantage either using Defiler in single player or by playing in a group of friends. Not so much random online but by using the OCC gaming clan and getting a bunch of us to get a game going. I like yourself started playing TQIT much after the pizzaz wore off but it is still to this day the longest selling game pretty much of all time. there is a pretty loyal following and the custom maps are pretty sweet. The Lillith map is pretty nice and fixes alot of the issues with the game but changes the game into a total custom map and its bigger than the regula game just about.

If you really want to have a good time in TQIT you really need to have 4-6 players and then its real fun...when I want to play I log in my wife and my kids rig and I play that way...whether they play or just sit idle its much better. 6 players and the game gets fun...better drops and loot.

Now I will say most people are always after the Blue and Purple Items...highest you can get in the game and for some thats nice. But on my character as I play Dream and something else...the Green Enchanted wand I use works way better than any Blue or Purple thats supposed to be better.

I will say if I have to play just single player or online MP as it is now I wouldnt play...but D2 is the same way and D3 will be too...online will be fun at first but once everyone thru the game they be there waiting for you to do runs on your game...

Hope they catch this guy. I can't imagine Blizzard have that many testers, shouldn't be hard. Hope this interview was faked. Either way I'll still get it unless GW2 comes out around the same time.

call me the devil but i don't care that he leaked what he leaked

for one it provided no information that is really, you know breaking, he basicly just said that the game was a lot like torchlight is kinduv sh@$y, and gave a few spoilers

the guy was fired specifically because he said he didn't like a lot of these changes, plus i don't think they can really do much to him

(also he was fired, and then gave up the information, probably because he knew there was nothing that could happen to him)

Edited by molotovdaskwerl

i don't think this has been posted yet so here

there are some spoilers

i think ima still play it even though torchlight was rageably boring to me

woops double post, didn't know that the link was broken so i fixed it in that post and this one

Edited by molotovdaskwerl

Diablo 2 has different items for the multiplayer ladder characters. Most of the good stuff you'll never get in single player no matter how much time you spend. In Diablo 2's case, there is no reason to play single player since there is no advantage. Not even latency as long as you're playing with people from the same region. If nothing else, you could just always make a password protected game and play in it alone. At least you get better items.

There's getting killed in Hardcore mode by noobs that pay money for their items, but that's easily fixed if you just playing with a group of people that you know in games with passwords or just recognizing suspicious players. I got to lvl 86 on the hardcore ladder. Character expired cuz I didn't play for a while after that. There's really nothing like the feeling of getting surprised by a bunch of fetishes in Hell difficulty and seeing your health go down to like 10/1000 and spamming 1234 to drink every single potion in the belt.

Edited by sack_patrol

call me the devil but i don't care that he leaked what he leaked

for one it provided no information that is really, you know breaking, he basicly just said that the game was a lot like torchlight is kinduv sh@$y, and gave a few spoilers

the guy was fired specifically because he said he didn't like a lot of these changes, plus i don't think they can really do much to him

(also he was fired, and then gave up the information, probably because he knew there was nothing that could happen to him)

These testers are probably under strict NDA. Leaking anything outside of the workplace is probably legally binding.

You are the devil! If his opinions on the game were from BlizzCon game demos then that's different. What he did was leak information that wasn't meant to be given to the public (If its even true).

He says he was fired for that reason, but can you honestly trust anyone who got fired as to why they got fired? He provides no tangible proof of anything he stated. Which makes him no different from the oh so many people playing Diablo 2 and say they work for Blizzard all the time.

Edited by Krazyxazn

These testers are probably under strict NDA. Leaking anything outside of the workplace is probably legally binding.

You are the devil! If his opinions on the game were from BlizzCon game demos then that's different. What he did was leak information that wasn't meant to be given to the public (If its even true).

He says he was fired for that reason, but can you honestly trust anyone who got fired as to why they got fired? He provides no tangible proof of anything he stated. Which makes him no different from the oh so many people playing Diablo 2 and say they work for Blizzard all the time.

I doubt Blizzard would allow their NDA to permit fired employees to spout whatever they like about their experience.

I doubt Blizzard would allow their NDA to permit fired employees to spout whatever they like about their experience.

I second this, I've got an NDA signed with my firm for THQ / Kaos. It's tied up pretty much all loose ends including previous employment.

On the note of D3, .... patiently waiting.

Edited by Pur3vil

Who cares about some guy leaking info? It's not it's really affects anyone, everyone that was going to play it is still going to play it no matter what this guy says, this kind of thing is just as bad as people paying attention to Lindsay Lohan stealing jewelry. Seriously just ignore it, it doesn't affect anyone but crybabies.

How does anyone even know that he is an ex-tester? They could have just made all this up just to get more page views. Plus, like previous people said, why make a remake of Diablo 2? Diablo 2 was very different from Diablo, as Diablo 3 will be different from Diablo 2. Just wait till the game is finished and comes out, then decide how it is at that point.

Also, everything that the guy said is already up on the net, you just have to know where to look. Half of his "info" was already provided by Blizzard a LONG time ago. Rofl

• 2 weeks later...