Massive layoffs hit EA

bp9801

Ummm,, I'm not too sure about that,,,

I dont know what these people make but if they each take home an average of $30,000 a year then that would be $30,000,000. And don't forget all the extra costs like benefits,, insurance etc.

Now with those people gone they wont need an office for them,, or a computer, or pens, staples,,, if you dig deeper and deeper those people cost way more then just the salary.

Although that is nowhere near a billion it is a huge amount of money and it is a huge step. If they keep finding ways to reduce cost by multiples like that,, and find ways to pull in more money then ya,,, its gonna make a difference.

Yes, you are totally right but we are talking about layoff which usually means a few months. However you make a good point and in a year that's a good amount of money but nowhere near 1 billion (like you mentioned also).

Edited by ScapeGoat

Lets keep in mind that 'restructuring' in multi-billion companies can mean still making a profit but can cheapen their labour costs to increase their competitive stance; contracting out or overseas.

The top 3 gaming companies are beginning to show some similarities with the top movie companies. That is crap out 5 movies/games and hope one is a winner or continue with sequels.

EA sucks. Sorry to those who lost there job.

:withstupid:

they wouldn't have half the financial problems if they didn't use certain additional software in their games....i'll never buy an ea game again in this life unless they stop it....!! securom can bite my uss

They should've stopped pumping out all those endless yearly 'sequels' then maybe they wouldve had bettter games/franchises that were selling nice now.Oh and they never gave us Black 2,serves them right for losing money.

EA is a big publisher. I think they hit a homer with publishing Bioware's Dragon Age: Origins. The buzz about it is reminiscent of what the BG series recieved. From what I know, EA is doing it's best to milk titles like Madden to stay alive. Create one for every year, make a spinoff of it, etc. With games from Bioware and dev studios that provide quality games consistently, I think it'll start improving from there.

Ive said this before and i'll say it again.They NEED to let Criterion loose on the NFS games.I can imagine how awesome it would be.The customization coupled with burnout would be a dream come true.I pray.