It's Modding Time Again

229W!??!?!!?!?!?!

Good lord! I'd say "mission accomplished" on the power reduction, Fueler! :) That's amazing. I'd love to see some ppd/watt calculations on this dual rig design! :) Imagine if you made it diskless.

Anyways, great job on the build. The new fan pics look a lot better (the green is a lot less intense and more ambient). I said it at the beginning and I'll say it again now. You sure do make a helluva worklog! They're a real treat to follow along with.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a hi-res version of the vinyl graphic, 14" wide @ 720dpi = 10065x2292 pixels, CMYK with transparency

Full Size TIFF version: fueler vinyl print copy.tif

Full Size PNG version: fueler-vinyl-print.png

Full Size JPEG preview: fueler-vinyl-print-preview.jpg

Small JPEG preview, 1000x228: fueler-vinyl-print-preview2.jpg

fuelervinylprintpreviewtx3.jpg

Credit to jammin for reproducing the fan to make this vinyl graphic possible

229W!??!?!!?!?!?!

Good lord! I'd say "mission accomplished" on the power reduction, Fueler! :) That's amazing. I'd love to see some ppd/watt calculations on this dual rig design! :) Imagine if you made it diskless.

Anyways, great job on the build. The new fan pics look a lot better (the green is a lot less intense and more ambient). I said it at the beginning and I'll say it again now. You sure do make a helluva worklog! They're a real treat to follow along with.

I,ve already started tracking my electric bill as compared to last year.....Electric bill.....definitely an improvement there :) Not quite sure how to do the ppd/watt calculations though.

1) My meter will give me a KWH/hour that shows the energy consumption since power was applied to the unit and the cumulative time since power was applied to the unit.

2) When running either a 2604 or a 2605 (1760 Points) it takes 19min 5sec per percent X 100 = 1905min or 31.75 hours.

3) a 2608 is a little slower and less points (1385 points) 23min 55sec per percent X 100 = 2355min or 39.25 hours.

Should I run the Kwh/hour meter for 39.25 hours and just keep track of which WU's it's working on during that time span and average it out?

Fixing the Led's in the fans turned out to be a little more difficult than I had thought it would be......I wanted to be able to turn down the lights without affecting fan speed so I had to seperate them from the fans so that when I turned down the lights the fans kept running at full speed.

Thanks Hardnrg and Jammin

Credit to jammin for reproducing the fan to make this vinyl graphic possible
for all the help on the decal graphic.....I'll get it on the side covers as soon as I can B:)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...