Cpu fan no taller than 120mm

lawzy

Ok i've decided im going for the GeminII M4 because its in my price range and the other two choices are considered to be noisy and i already have enough noise coming out of my rig at the moment. thanks alot

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok i've decided im going for the GeminII M4 because its in my price range and the other two choices are considered to be noisy and i already have enough noise coming out of my rig at the moment. thanks alot

Just googled it. Seems to be a descent cooler.

Heres hoping it isn't a major dud product.

are motherboards hard to remove? i have never removed one before, would i be able to do it without having to unplug most of my components? things like fans are fine but I am not sure about the rest.

They aren't difficult, just take your time and try to remain grounded or at least off of carpeted floors with socks.  By the way I hope you made sure to buy some thermal grease, or made sure that it came with the cooler, or just checked to be sure you had some laying around because you'll need some of that as well.  I know you already got your cooler and all but you could have also removed your side fan to get a bigger heat sink.  That would have probably allowed for better cooling anyway just a thought for future renovations.

are motherboards hard to remove? i have never removed one before, would i be able to do it without having to unplug most of my components? things like fans are fine but I am not sure about the rest.

They aren't difficult, just take your time and try to remain grounded or at least off of carpeted floors with socks.  By the way I hope you made sure to buy some thermal grease, or made sure that it came with the cooler, or just checked to be sure you had some laying around because you'll need some of that as well.  I know you already got your cooler and all but you could have also removed your side fan to get a bigger heat sink.  That would have probably allowed for better cooling anyway just a thought for future renovations.

bought some mk-4 thermal paste coming with the cpu cooler. the thing is i have already spent the money on the side fans and i am not exactly rolling in the dough at the moment and it urked me to remove it knowing i will probably never use it again.

Doesn't seem to be like that.

Lets hope for the best. ;)

Doesn't seem to be like that.

Lets hope for the best. ;)

Just got to wait till the 24th for delivery and then i will tell you guys

THE FAN IS A PIECE OF **** IT IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE FART BOX I HAVE EVER PURCHASED. 

but seriously guys my stock cooler actually out performs the gemini m4 and thats with the m4  at max speed.

if i had to do it again id punch myself in my manly parts and buy a new Noctua NH-C12P SE14. 

well any who thanks for the advice.

tell your friends its poo, 

You might want to try reseating the heatsink. Read some good guides on how to clean and apply thermal paste properly. Most people apply too much their first few times, you hardly need any,

hi been round to lawzy`s tonight and  we both fitted the heat sink, no we didn't use to much (he`s already done all the research for applying the paste) made sure it was a thin but all over covering with no floors in the coating . we also removed the plastic off the heat sink (i did it) now as far as i know he is going to try it again on a burn test with a colder ambient room his room was 24-to 25c so hes going to give it another go in the morning when there's no central heating lol. we also dropped the core volts down to 1.35 (my similar fx4100 runs fine at this on a 4.5ghz oc) and id did bring his temps down a bit  62c under load if i remember correct