K8M800-MLVF - SPDIF Output

I am trying to use the on board SPDIF, but I need a daughter card or something to attach to it for connections. I can't find this daughter card or mention of it anywhere.

Could you please direct me to the correct place for this component or let me know if I should be looking at other alternatives?

Thanks,

Tracy

Hello,

It is there. The mother board is your model K8M800-MLVF. Is there somthing else that you also need? This problem has nothing to do with the BIOS, Video Card, or RAM, but let me know if there is something else you need to identify the motherboard.

This header should work:

http://www.censuspc.com/Merchant2/merchant...ory_Code=MBA001

You can find the pinouts on page 42 your motherboard's owner's manual. However, I don't know which pin is which on the header since it didn't come with any cut sheet. There are 3 wires (red, white, and black) that should be +5V (VCC), SPDIF out, and ground, but I don't know which is which.

Hope this helps somewhat.

CJ

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section, paying close attention to the second post in teh 'critical' thread (about system specs in your sig).

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post.

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version. The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...701&postcount=2

if you are the one I answered an email for earlier, you won't get an answer from teh office until Monday when they return

I had it so that it had the red light coming out of it, but I wasn't able to get sound. Don't know if it was the connection or the settings I had, so I tried monkeying around with the pins.

That was a mistake- I ended up frying one of the lines all the way up to the optical output and fusing the pin to the board. I spent last night removing the fused pin, running a new set of lines, and soldering them directly to the optical output. Unfortunately, I am now not getting the red light either. I hope that I just blew the optical output (most likely) and didn't damage the motherboard. I'm going to order a new optical output and try it again.

To get some sort of output (the light shining), I had the white line connected to VCC, red connected to signal, and black connected to ground.

CJ

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get a bracket from DFI's RMA Dept. But it only has coax input and output. The receiver I'm using only has optical inputs so I stopped by RadioShack and picked up a coax -> optical converter for $10. Everything works perfectly.

Radio shack has the optical converter for only $10!? All the other places I've seen had them for $30+. That's the only reason that I tried to get the MSI bracket to work! I never did get it to work- I got the LED to light again, but I never could get a signal. I finally got a USB optical soundcard from Turtlebeach for around $20 off of ebay.

CJ

• 1 year later...
I was able to get a bracket from DFI's RMA Dept. But it only has coax input and output. The receiver I'm using only has optical inputs so I stopped by RadioShack and picked up a coax -> optical converter for $10. Everything works perfectly.

Would I be able to get a S/PDIF bracket from DFI's RMA Dept too?