AMD CPU's Reviewed

Bosco

Great review ajmatson :thumbsup: makes me wish i had enough cash to swap out my system for an AM3 PII X6 system. its a shame that in reality my first priority should be giving the gtx260 the boot.

What do you suggest? Would you like us to remove a bunch of CPU's to make it easier to read?

someone may have suggested something along these lines in the recent contest that was run :whistling:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a couple of questions. In any of these games tested, did any benefit from 2 extra cores in any way. Did the games that use Havoc Physics have any benefit ? I believe Havoc relies more on processor than the graphics card ??? With the 6 core...... frame rates are the usual with benchmarks but did any of the games actually "feel" or were they noticeably smoother running ? When doing benchmarks, do you actually play any of these games or do you use a built in benchmark system of yours or manufacturers design ? Why no benchies at 1920x1200 ? Nobody plays games at 800x600 and those could be eliminated.

I have a couple of questions. In any of these games tested, did any benefit from 2 extra cores in any way. Did the games that use Havoc Physics have any benefit ?

With everything running at the lowest settings (and very low resolution) you can't really say anything about how they'll perform when the engine/cpu is actually loaded down. I doubt that many of them utilize more than 3 or 4 cores though.

I think BF:BC2 makes use of as many cores as you can give it for the destructible environments when you crank the settings.

Why is that?

The prices will probably drop soon... and I probably could have gotten a 1055T or 1075T instead. The best deal at MicroCenter for the 1090T, so I got that instead. I'm not saying I don't like my 1090T though. :)

With everything running at the lowest settings (and very low resolution) you can't really say anything about how they'll perform when the engine/cpu is actually loaded down. I doubt that many of them utilize more than 3 or 4 cores though.

I think BF:BC2 makes use of as many cores as you can give it for the destructible environments when you crank the settings.

Yup...BC2 is very weird though. Clock speed is king....

http://www.techspot.com/article/255-battlefield-bad-company2-performance/page7.html

The prices will probably drop soon... and I probably could have gotten a 1055T or 1075T instead. The best deal at MicroCenter for the 1090T, so I got that instead. I'm not saying I don't like my 1090T though. :)

Oh....well thats not what it sounded like. :)

IMHO those graphs are extremely difficult to read, the colors are so similar its really hard to figure out what shade you are looking at.