Watchmen (2009)

Kash

Your friends are wrong. I went with a friend who didn't read the graphic novel and he understood the movie perfectly fine. Sure, I knew a bit more about the back story and the minute details, but they weren't essential to understanding the movie.

I understood the story. It just wasn't that great. :P

The only question I had after the movie was what was the deal with Rorschach's mask? Alien? Magical? Or just something cool?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only question I had after the movie was what was the deal with Rorschach's mask? Alien? Magical? Or just something cool?

I don't know but he was my favorite character.

Ok... The American rating system does sound a little strange... ah well.

The only 3 questions I had after the moive, where 1.) as D3 just asked, what was with the mask?? :wacko:

Also, why did Rorshach want to tell ppl the truth about what happened? Like ppl would listen to ONE GUY, who should be in prison? The, Dr.M could just have done another REAL attack and blown that theroy out of the water?

Also lastly, how did Dr. M get "made"? What was that facility? And why didnt they just make more ppl like that?? Seemed very simple?

The origin of the mask is explained in the novel. When Rorschach was younger he was working in this garment sweat shop type place. This customer custom ordered a dress that was made of this synthetic material that changed pattern with the wearer's mood. Turns out the lady thought it was hideous and so didn't buy it. Since the dress was essentially useless because it was custom made, Rorschach kept it for himself. Later on when he decided to throw on a mask he cut it from that dress. Hence why it changes with his mood.

Saw it Saturday night last and it was awesome! I've been meaning to read the novel for years and now I can't wait any longer so it's on to Amazon for me. Great flick even if you don't know the book though even if it was a bit over the top for some.