Probably need a new video card.

justlog

I've never had any issues, naturally I knew to have the baking environment well ventilated but I think they might be over reacting. I'm sure the small amount of time you may or may not be exposed to these "hazardous fumes" pales in comparison to all the bodily harm one experiences from second hand smoke or gasoline fumes.

I haven't seen any members on here keel over and many of them have baked their stuff :P

Exhaust emissions are bad for your but you still don't think twice about walking around a city filled with idling cars

Well the thing that scares me the most at this moment is that I'll be only be able to buy a new GPU in the next month or so, so I don't want to bake my GPU while I can still use it to browse the internet.

Did you try maybe just going into an overclocking program an upping the core voltage a tick or two? That might solve everything if its old age has made it a little hungry

I'll try, isn't that a bit dangerous though? 

Haven't tried OC ever so I don't really understand the limit of voltage for entering the "danger zone"

I go by the "if it can be cooled, then it isn't too much voltage", and while that's more liberal than most people, it hasn't failed me yet.

Either way, the amount of voltage you *should* have to add to regain stability *shouldn't* be much if it's truely a voltage deficiency that's the reason for your problems.

Some cards only let you raise the voltage so far anyway (software/hardware restrictions manufacturers put on)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Onemore thing, if you are planning to oc the cpu you might consider an after market cpu cooler  if you don't already have one, the cooler master 212 evo at around $30 is what I recommend !

I think I have an Arctic aftermarket cooler, can't point the finger on the model though.

I've also got a recommendation on the latest R9 270X from AMD from mister wevsspot here :D

What's your opinion about them?

Hey, whatever is cheaper, I will not use amd or ati cards because of I got tired of dealing with driver issues, which imho they still have. Then again I just might be a nividia fanboy ? :whistling:

Onemore thing, if you are planning to oc the cpu you might consider an after market cpu cooler  if you don't already have one, the cooler master 212 evo at around $30 is what I recommend !

I think I have an Arctic aftermarket cooler, can't point the finger on the model though.

I've also got a recommendation on the latest R9 270X from AMD from mister wevsspot here :D

Hey, whatever is cheaper, I will not use amd or ati cards because of I got tired of dealing with driver issues, which imho they still have. Then again I just might be a nividia fanboy ? :whistling:

You might just be :teehee:

I go by the "if it can be cooled, then it isn't too much voltage", and while that's more liberal than most people, it hasn't failed me yet.

Either way, the amount of voltage you *should* have to add to regain stability *shouldn't* be much if it's truely a voltage deficiency that's the reason for your problems.

Some cards only let you raise the voltage so far anyway (software/hardware restrictions manufacturers put on)

I'll try.

Really?

Cause since Nvidia hit the 300 number on the drivers they started to fail my so much.

And there's the Mantle which can be considered, there again, there is the Physx from nvidia side :P

Price difference from what I can see from my local PC store, is about a 1$ difference.

I'll try upping the voltage first on my GTX 460 like 

IVIYTH0S

suggested.

IVI has a good idea, if the card is faulty anyway it won't hurt it, also you might try loading some older drivers, might help.

Serously though, if the amd 270 is the same price as the 660 I'd go with the 270, it's a bit faster.

Edited by SpikeSoprano

Since you're voltage locked, I'd try downclocking your card, which kind of like "over volting" it since you'd be lowering the voltage required and therefore create a larger voltage surplus (even though it's likely you have a voltage shortage at stock speeds, hence your instability).

TL:DR- Try underclocking maybe 50-100mhz on the memory and core to see if that makes the card 100% stable.

Edited by IVIYTH0S