Dedicated Physx card - worth it?

Hello, a while back I started a topic on which gpu would be best in my price range, and ended up buying a MSI twin frozr gtx760. Everything works fine, and I'm able to max out every game I've tried until now,

I was wondering if I could use my old 9600gt as a dedicated Physx card. Would it improve framerates with games like the metro series? Or will it only consume more power? And 

if it is worth installing, how do I do it?

Thanks in advance,

Wolfrider

You can if you have enough power from PSU. Install the card and the drivers (or it should automatically be installed since you already have a nvidia card). Go into Nvidia control panel and you should be able to set the 9600 as a dedicated PHSYX card...

Hard to say. I used to a GTS 250 for PhysX and found that it couldn't keep up in same games (Batman Arkham City dropped 20 FPS with PhysX on that card and about the same if I let my GTX 570 handle the PhysX and everything else.) The 9600 GT is less powerful so my guess is that the games that it would help with are also games the GTX 760 would be able to handle on its own. Of course that is just a guess, but it would be easy enough to experiment with, doing what Gremlin described.

I used a GTX Titan with a GTX 770 as a physx card and I got poor results setting it to dedicated. I think it completely depends on the game and video card you use. A example would be using a  750 with a 680/770. That would give good results as it can keep up but something like a 9600gt, your main card is going to be constantly waiting on that phyx card. That in turn will drop the fps and cause shuddering.

So in short, its game dependent and also based on what cards you pair togther.