New mid range gpu (100-150 eur)

Hello, I've been out of the loop for while, but now i've graduated I really want to buy a new graphic card (I am currently running a 9800gt). Any advise would be 

appreciated :) My budget is around 100 euro, but not more than 150. The rig im am using won't bottleneck any gpu you throw against it, as it was once a crossfire setup untill

I was forced to sell my dual 6970's. it has gen3 pci slots.

Thanks,

Wolfrider

There seems to be two choices at this price (man, with conversion, you european guys get ripped off) there is that Sapphire 270X, which might be on sale (don't understand Deutsch yet) or the nVidia equivalent (as far as benches showed) the GeForce 660 . A better model would be Geforce 760 or in the AMD camp, the 280 (non-X), but those will cost ya.

Good luck!

So again I all comes down on this: Red team or Green team :D yes I now that the prices are really high in comparison with the US, but there is nothing we can do about it.

What are the pros/cons of both cards? And which one would fit best in my rig? 

Rig:

i7 2600k

Asrock extreme 4 gen 3

8gb 1333 ripper ram

850 watt corsair proffesional psu

Main SSD and 2 2tb HDDs

Killer whale CPU cooler

I would favor an nvidia card because I had non-stop driver problems with my 6970s. I had to play skyrim at a friends home because my PC wouldnt let me

EDIT: they are not on sale, but you get a free copy of watch dogs with the nvida and the ati an "AMD Never Settle Forever SILVER". Does Anyone know what that is? I think I'll go nvida on this one, which brand would be recommended? 

Edited by Wolfrider

Well, either one can play 1920x1080 with close to highest settings. The AMD is overall faster, but if you are hurt about your drivers experience with them, the GeForce 660 is a very close contender. In games with PhysX or with

"The way it's meant to be played" logo, it'll be faster. With single card setups, i wouldn't be scared of AMD, I had a 6950 and a 7970GHz and I haven't encountered a lot of problems.

Also, if you like Watch dogs, the nVidia has it bundled. The never settle forever (ok, yes, the name is ridiculous and means nothing by itself) is a selection of games (that watch dogs isn't part of) that are downloadable once you bought the card. The silver part means you can pick two games out of these .

Or simply go "heads or tail" on this choice :yes:

I had a gigabyte 460 in the past and my brother has an Asus 660 DirectCU. eVGA is reliable as well, I have no experience with Gainward.

Most of the cards are the same nowadays, they just have different coolers on. The blower type coolers tends to run hotter and noisier. If you take one with axial fans (say the Asus DirectCU or the linked Gigabyte for example) they run cooler, as long as you have an open slot below the card and that you have enough airflow in your case.

So I unexpectantly received a gift card for funding my new gpu. Should I still go for the 660 and save the extra 50 for some games or would a 760 be worth the extra

Edited by Wolfrider