Poor NYT

red1776

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

intersting because the Telsa 20k is the G110 gpu "Titan" and it doesn't preform much better than a Tesla 2075 (which is a Quadro 600 ~ GTX 480).  Nvidia must have really done some driver work or the Titan is truely a gamer card and by product is high GPGPU.

intersting because the Telsa 20k is the G110 gpu "Titan" and it doesn't preform much better than a Tesla 2075 (which is a Quadro 600 ~ GTX 480).  Nvidia must have really done some driver work or the Titan is truely a gamer card and by product is high GPGPU.

I think you you nailed it Blue, that and maybe a bit overoptimism. 

if the card is going to be 600+ then i cant buy it :C

why are these cards always way overpriced :/ its not like there is a market for these cards to begin with with such prices >.>

intersting because the Telsa 20k is the G110 gpu "Titan" and it doesn't preform much better than a Tesla 2075 (which is a Quadro 600 ~ GTX 480). Nvidia must have really done some driver work or the Titan is truely a gamer card and by product is high GPGPU.

Higher clocks, higher power, etc.

Wait, what? When did Nyt get a GTX 690?

Why did you think I was asking your advice on drivers for a GTX690 ? :lol:

Im more interested to see how this gaming card does in actual games. 

I still have doubts on whether it will actually beat a GTX690 in gaming though, but either way Im waiting till there's something on a lower nm before I even consider dropping another $1k on a card :P 

its not like there is a market for these cards to begin with with such prices >.>

There is a market for cards around $1000 or more, I like to call them "Elitists" :cool2:

if the card is going to be 600+ then i cant buy it :C

why are these cards always way overpriced :/ its not like there is a market for these cards to begin with with such prices >.>

Thats the way the free market works. You sell stuff for what people are willing to pay, and some people are willing to pay that much for it. Its only overpriced if you cant afford it. That being said, its overpriced for me too (ignoring that I wouldnt buy it because its nvidia in the 1st place)