AMD FX-9590 & FX-9370 Reviewed

Bosco

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm wondering if the OC would be better with a better cooling setup.

On all four CPU's probably, but when you look at the performance clock per clock is it going to help? 

Could the 9590 and 9370 do better with a full on water setup? Surely they could since I could boot up at higher clocks but I would run into throttling issues due to heat rather than outright test failures. 

At a massive disadvantage in single-core performance I just can't recommend an AMD CPU to anyone these days unless it's an uber-budget build. :(

At a massive disadvantage in single-core performance I just can't recommend an AMD CPU to anyone these days unless it's an uber-budget build. :(

Thats the end of the pool they play in.  Almost always have with the exception being A64 chips! It used to be all I had. I used to have shelves of Duron based systems folding away before the work units got more complex.   

Thats the end of the pool they play in.  Almost always have with the exception being A64 chips! It used to be all I had. I used to have shelves of Duron based systems folding away before the work units got more complex.

Not with the new anniversary edition Pentium...it wipes the floor with even the 8350 in many games when overclocked. :lol:

I was all AMD (on systems I purchased) up till my Core 2 Quad. Then I had a Phenom II for a while...but man, the 8120 totally soured my AMD experience.

Not with the new anniversary edition Pentium...it wipes the floor with even the 8350 in many games when overclocked. :lol:

I was all AMD (on systems I purchased) up till my Core 2 Quad. Then I had a Phenom II for a while...but man, the 8120 totally soured my AMD experience.

I remember!  

It still makes me mad thinking about that 8120. :lol:

Still, this new anniversary Pentium makes me miss my Celeron 800. 1.2 GHz? Easy peasy. :D

...not to distract from the amazing 220 watt TDPs of the "new" AMD chips. :blink:

It still makes me mad thinking about that 8120. :lol:

Still, this new anniversary Pentium makes me miss my Celeron 800. 1.2 GHz? Easy peasy. :D

...not to distract from the amazing 220 watt TDPs of the "new" AMD chips. :blink:

I need to start pulling power numbers......

I'd still buy one, didn't really see where it was going to be any slower in anything that I am going to do that would warrant the price difference to buy an Intel chip as of right now. Once overclocking got easy I stopped doing it anyway, the fun just isn't there anymore for me and along with that went benchmarking. I have gotten to the point where I no longer even care to read about anything other than stock speeds on any hardware honestly. 

I'd still buy one, didn't really see where it was going to be any slower in anything that I am going to do that would warrant the price difference to buy an Intel chip as of right now. Once overclocking got easy I stopped doing it anyway, the fun just isn't there anymore for me and along with that went benchmarking. I have gotten to the point where I no longer even care to read about anything other than stock speeds on any hardware honestly.

So you don't care about the price difference...when you could get better performance for less money from Intel?

My way of thinking is in real time now, games have not progressed enough to slow me down in any system I currently have. I find overclocking to be boring at best now and prefer to just slap something together and run it till I get bored with it, whether it's Intel or AMD. I do not notice the difference and I have gotten to the point where I upgrade my system more because I am bored with the case that holds everything rather than the hardware inside.