I cannot believe I'm considering buying a Ford

potatochobit

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still not sure I get the parable with Rice and the SRT, but we can save that for another day. As for small imports that are fun to drive (or domestic small cars influenced by the foreign competition) I can say that in my younger years I wouldn't be caught dead in something like that. To me "performance" and "fun to drive" were epitomized by the muscle car era of my youth. All that changed the day I drove and later bought our first Subaru WRX. I didn't care if anyone associated that car with "rice".

Still not sure I get the parable with Rice and the SRT, but we can save that for another day. As for small imports that are fun to drive (or domestic small cars influenced by the foreign competition) I can say that in my younger years I wouldn't be caught dead in something like that. To me "performance" and "fun to drive" were epitomized by the muscle car era of my youth. All that changed the day I drove and later bought our first Subaru WRX. I didn't care if anyone associated that car with "rice".

WRX and WRX STI aren't rice. I test drove a WRX two weeks ago, I loved it! I also loved shifting into second and dumping the clutch and having the car just hook and take off. AWD is surprisingly fun, I had never driven it before.

Ours was an STi too. We put 145,000 miles on it and then gave it to my daughter, who put another 30,000 on it before she traded it in on a Volkswagon Jetta :(

The only problems we ever had with the car;

I had to replace the clutch twice......... hmmm go figure

A pesky cold weather fuel vapor leak when the temperature got down below freezing - finally fixed that with new stainless and chrome fuel feed and return lines

I didn't care if anyone associated that car with "rice".

Anyone that associates cars with rice versus people that rice out cars probably shouldn't be buying a car in the first place. :lol:

Ours was an STi too. We put 145,000 miles on it and then gave it to my daughter, who put another 30,000 on it before she traded it in on a Volkswagon Jetta :(

The only problems we ever had with the car;

I had to replace the clutch twice......... hmmm go figure

A pesky cold weather fuel vapor leak when the temperature got down below freezing - finally fixed that with new stainless and chrome fuel feed and return lines

Only two clutches for 145k miles? Not bad. :O I was on my second at 76k in my car.