First Look At Nvidia's Geforce Gtx 295

Nemo

For a price cheaper than the ATI cards.

i'm gettin to where i can barely keep up with all the new specs for either manufacturer....so which one is the latest fastest thing...4870x2s or gforce 295....and what's on the event horizon...?

and oh yea i meant to ask why the crysis warhead was used instead of crysis for testing...i was under the impression that warhead utilizes fewer fps than crysis....doesn't that change the out come a little...??

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*cream* i have a 260, and love it. accidently let time slip and missed my friggin step up to a core 216, but this card makes me happy. i cant wait to see another revision of this or the next step.

my cpu really doesnt do this card even justice, raising my clockspeed up makes a enourmous FPS difference, makes me just want to go get a i7 & that card. god i wish i was rollin in dough.

i'm gettin to where i can barely keep up with all the new specs for either manufacturer....so which one is the latest fastest thing...4870x2s or gforce 295....and what's on the event horizon...?

and oh yea i meant to ask why the crysis warhead was used instead of crysis for testing...i was under the impression that warhead utilizes fewer fps than crysis....doesn't that change the out come a little...??

$500 is more than the $470 I paid on launch day for my X2...

Warhead was used because it is newer and a little harder on the card at the settings we use.

MSRP is cheaper. Launch price may drop from that figure.....It usually does. The real test will be 8xaa and 2560x1600

Guys can't understand that the 4870 which is a very powerful card could only give 16FPS in Warhead. & even soon to be launched GTX295 ( soon to be fastest card on planet ) could only 32FPS that too with a powerful Processor like Q9450. how could that be possible?

Guys can't understand that the 4870 which is a very powerful card could only give 16FPS in Warhead. & even soon to be launched GTX295 ( soon to be fastest card on planet ) could only 32FPS that too with a powerful Processor like Q9450. how could that be possible?

Well because I was running 2xAA and Enthusiast settings. The game is hard on cards when you crank the settings but ist shows whether its palayable at that level. Stay tuned for the full review where 2560x1600 will get tested.

Well because I was running 2xAA and Enthusiast settings. The game is hard on cards when you crank the settings but ist shows whether its palayable at that level. Stay tuned for the full review where 2560x1600 will get tested.

bro i seriously doubt that 4870 can handle that resolution.

bro how much at least FPS are required to experience a smooth game play?