First Look At Nvidia's Geforce Gtx 295

Nemo

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like the green team is gonna take the lead again. At least this should make 2009 an interesting year as the two battle back and forth for the single card crown. Especially for us consumers (Price wars!). Good review. On a side note, I'm sure you guys have the info on it before your allowed to talk about it (darn NDA's! ;) ), but how hard is it not to spill the beans?

looks like the green team is gonna take the lead again. At least this should make 2009 an interesting year as the two battle back and forth for the single card crown. Especially for us consumers (Price wars!). Good review. On a side note, I'm sure you guys have the info on it before your allowed to talk about it (darn NDA's! ;) ), but how hard is it not to spill the beans?

Not hard at all if you consider the consequences...

Not hard at all if you consider the consequences...

lol, and with companies that big holding it over you, I don't even want to know the consequences...

the review was okay, card was pretty awesome. i'm guessing the review was a little short because you guys wanted to get the info out ASAP? either way, pretty good overall.

January?! Bosco you tease!

I'm glad this card did so well in the benches, at a lower introductory cost than the 4870 X2, this means that prices will drop! wohoo :P This card will be a great choice for workstations as well, as it supports multiple monitors, even when two of these cards are in SLi!

Also...were the games benched chosen by Nvidia?

Only a preview was allowed thats why it was short. Come Jan you will see the full review with overclocking and taking a look at the card more in depth :)

does it even need to be overclocked :huh: I dare say the 4870 1gb should have been OC'd since the black edition was able to be, it may have been closer between those two.

I hope this will lower the price on both nvidia and ati cards though, great review cokeman!

January?! Bosco you tease!

I'm glad this card did so well in the benches, at a lower introductory cost than the 4870 X2, this means that prices will drop! wohoo :P This card will be a great choice for workstations as well, as it supports multiple monitors, even when two of these cards are in SLi!

Also...were the games benched chosen by Nvidia?

We have those games currently and it was asked that we test with them. This is a prime example to show game companies work more with Nvidia then ATI. The amount of titles that are better on Nvidia is insane but PHYSX really helps as well hopefully ATI will counter with that soon.

I would expect if we saw another driver update from ATI we would see some better scores and being more competitive in these current titles. But its in ATI's hands now all we can do is wait.