need to replace old lappy HDD w/SSD

Crawlerz246

what app should I use to image the SSD? I have plenty of space on my secondary HDD. (I was too effing stupid to do it when i installed the SSD, better late then never)

Use acronis true image (western digital and seagate have them for free on their site)

I updated my post btw

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Use acronis true image (western digital and seagate have them for free on their site)

I updated my post btw

OK I'm downloading acronis. thanks for that.

as far as firmware goes this is the OCZ page for it. it's a windows app. it's still their thing tho so I assume it's as good as running it off a USB at boot? I mean I assume that's what it does by itself

and one more question if I may... to back up my C:\ (SSD) I should use the "backup" option in acronis right? no the clone disk (as that would erase everything on my target HDD)?

*EDIT* okay nvm. my firmware is latest version

Edited by Crawlerz246

I updated my post btw

Those are limited to their branded drives only.

You can find many freeware alternatives or invest few bucks into good software.

Clonezilla is a common freeware and there are many more

that do a lot more too, like different types of backup and maintenance.

what about the crucial transfer kit? is that brand limited too?

He has a WD drive though, as long as the drive is in the system the software will work (same with Seagate's version)

nothing beats Acronis, the image compression is worth it all it's own. Does Clonezilla support that?? (all the other clone programs I've used make full size images, aka if you have a 250GB drive filled with 60GB of data, the image will be 250GB with any other program but acronis will make it 60GB or less)

Hiren's BootCD actually comes with Acronis that will work even if you don't have a WD or Seagate drive.

He has a WD drive though, as long as the drive is in the system the software will work (same with Seagate's version)

aye. true. but I'm doing this to my daddy's lappy for his bday. is an aging DELL. probably has a seagate tho. most DELLs do, don't they?

aye. true. but I'm doing this to my daddy's lappy for his bday. is an aging DELL. probably has a seagate tho. most DELLs do, don't they?

you can check, but again, you can always uses hirens. They have some weird way they disabled the seagate only protection when you use their mini-XP

you can check, but again, you can always uses hirens. They have some weird way they disabled the seagate only protection when you use their mini-XP

dude I saw in your sig you have a 4GHz OC going on your 920. then your cooler caught my eye. the zalman. is it really that good? what kind of temps are you getting?

dude I saw in your sig you have a 4GHz OC going on your 920. then your cooler caught my eye. the zalman. is it really that good? what kind of temps are you getting?

Airflow makes a bigger difference, High Air Flow

Oops wrong one, u were talking about IVI

Anyhow, watercooler in a loop kits like corsair, zalman, thermaltake,.... Have gone down a price lately and promote better airflow than air coolers

Edited by CroBro

Airflow makes a bigger difference, High Air Flow

Oops wrong one, u were talking about IVI

Anyhow, watercooler in a loop kits like corsair, zalman, thermaltake,.... Have gone down a price lately and promote better airflow than air coolers

I have a HAF 932 case (obviously gigantic) and a H100 water cooler on my i7 920 @ 4.01GHz right now. ideling at about 40C warming up all the way to 62C on 100% use. so I was naturaly interested