Official OCC CES 2013 Coverage

ClayMeow

Last thing I read, people were complaining about booth babes at shows, apparently it promotes a 'sexist attitude towards women'... They, are there to entice visitors, no sexism at all. They even had them at Eurogamer...

Anyway, back to the point in question, GREAT WORK all the staff :thumbsup:

...but seriously, needs pics, in the wise words of Bosco, 'Where are the pics you lazy bunch of %@#&!!!!'

Edited by EuroFight

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...but seriously, needs pics, in the wise words of Bosco, 'Where are the pics you lazy bunch of %@#&!!!!'

Speaking of which, I don't think I've ever seen a Bosco pic ...at CES at least.  I remember some MMA pics but he must be the sole picture taker at the CES events.

Last thing I read, people were complaining about booth babes at shows, apparently it promotes a 'sexist attitude towards women'... They, are there to entice visitors, no sexism at all. They even had them at Eurogamer...

Wonder if we could get Amanda to 'entice' some new forum members :)

Speaking of which, I don't think I've ever seen a Bosco pic ...at CES at least. I remember some MMA pics but he must be the sole picture taker at the CES events.

Bosco? Take pictures? :lol:

Speaking of which, I don't think I've ever seen a Bosco pic ...at CES at least. I remember some MMA pics but he must be the sole picture taker at the CES events.

Bosco? Take pictures? :lol:

:withstupid: Does Bosco even own a camera? :lol:

We went back to the show floor today and got quite a few more booth babe photos.

For the person who asked about Sennheiser, we did not stop by there because they never send us products to review. We went last year because Nick has a hard-on for them, but he's not here this year :lol:

For the person who asked about the 1TB flash drive, Kingston doesn't have a booth and they're not even registered for CES....so if they're here, it means it was invite only to a suite somewhere.

PS. Some of you may have heard that the NVIDIA booth had a 3D tri-monitor demo of Metro: Last Light. I played it and it was damn gorgeous. There seemed to be a little bit of lagginess, but it was hard to tell if it was the 3D or not because the movement was very slow in the game and the mouse sensitivity seemed way lower than what I typically use. Melee/stealth attack was mapped to "V", which I also felt was a bit weird, but that could just be me - I normally map melee attacks in FPSs to my mouse thumb button. Still, the graphics were gorgeous in 3D. Unfortunately they didn't have headphones set up so I could barely hear anything.

For the person who asked about Sennheiser, we did not stop by there because they never send us products to review. We went last year because Nick has a hard-on for them, but he's not here this year :lol:

:( In that case I find your goatee strange 

PS. Some of you may have heard that the NVIDIA booth had a 3D tri-monitor demo of Metro: Last Light. I played it and it was damn gorgeous. There seemed to be a little bit of lagginess, but it was hard to tell if it was the 3D or not because the movement was very slow in the game and the mouse sensitivity seemed way lower than what I typically use. Melee/stealth attack was mapped to "V", which I also felt was a bit weird, but that could just be me - I normally map melee attacks in FPSs to my mouse thumb button. Still, the graphics were gorgeous in 3D. Unfortunately they didn't have headphones set up so I could barely hear anything.

Could also be the game build. At best I'd guess it is a beta, so some issues likely remain to be worked out before its "Q1 2013" release. Although key mappings wouldn't be a beta issue, but could be the result of something else.

Could also be the game build. At best I'd guess it is a beta, so some issues likely remain to be worked out before its "Q1 2013" release. Although key mappings wouldn't be a beta issue, but could be the result of something else.

Key mappings are probably just how it was initially set so people could play easily. Not like it takes a great deal of difficulty to move your thumb from the spacebar to the letter V.

Everyone prefers a different key layout. It would be far too much of a hassle to change the keys every single time a person wanted to try out the game. Keep it locked at default just for CES to avoid long lines, angry people, etc.

Key mappings are probably just how it was initially set so people could play easily. Not like it takes a great deal of difficulty to move your thumb from the spacebar to the letter V.

Everyone prefers a different key layout. It would be far too much of a hassle to change the keys every single time a person wanted to try out the game. Keep it locked at default just for CES to avoid long lines, angry people, etc.

Yeah,  I wasn't arguing that, I just meant that I thought it just felt awkward to me and if I had my way, I would have remapped it. Maybe I'm different, but I don't use my thumb for anything other than Space. Any actions around WASD are accessed with my four fingers, so to get to V, I use my index finger, which means I'm moving it off the D and it's kind of far away, unlike E (use), R (reload), and F (flashlight). What's default melee in BL2? Like I said, I have it mapped to my mouse thumb button, so I don't even remember. I think it's much more useful as a mouse button because I can still have full movement in all directions, just like shooting.

What's default melee in BL2? Like I said, I have it mapped to my mouse thumb button, so I don't even remember. I think it's much more useful as a mouse button because I can still have full movement in all directions, just like shooting.

V, apparently. :lol: Guess it's the de facto key for melee in FPS.

I remapped it before I even booted the game, same with throw grenade.

For the person who asked about Sennheiser, we did not stop by there because they never send us products to review. We went last year because Nick appreciates sound quality, but he's not here this year :lol:

Fixed that for you.  :teehee:

For the person who asked about the 1TB flash drive, Kingston doesn't have a booth and they're not even registered for CES....so if they're here, it means it was invite only to a suite somewhere.

I know they sponsored a SC2 tournament that was held at Caesar's so they might have had something over there.