Calling In A Million Favors (all At Once)

wevsspot

I need some big time help. So if I've helped you in the past, you can return the favor now.

I'm in DESPERATE need of a used or refurbished motherboard for a Dell Latitude D510 laptop. It doesn't need the power button board, cooling system, cpu, memory or anything else. I just need the motherboard. Of course it needs to be in working condition.

If you can find one of these (or if you have one of these) please contact me ASAP.

Thank you.

No,

It's for the VP of my company, it started out as a simple replacement of the DC power jack and new keyboard, but when I got into it, I found someone had already tried to repair the DC power jack (by gluing it on with epoxy!) It wasn't hardly even soldered into place.

I've been watching eBay. I've put a bid in on one. It sucks, every other frickin' dell laptop motherboard on there can be had for less than $100 bucks. For some reason the darn D510's are bringing a premium :(

Oh well. It is what it is.

Thats just what I ended up doing today. I didn't buy the whole laptop, just the motherboard, cpu and case. Some idiot kept outbidding me on a motherboard that only had my bid on it for $140 right up until about an hour left in the auction.

I bid up to $160 and then just quit.

Hell I bought the motherboard, cpu and case for $159.00

She won't be happy, but she had some personal stuff on the laptop that was irreplaceable, with no backup. Guess she'll have to live with the financial pain.

Flip side is I get a 1.3ghz Pentium M that just might work in this old ASRock Socket 478 motherboard I've had sitting back for an HTPC build :)