Crosshair V Formula 990FX vs Sabertooth 990FX vs gigabyte 990FXA-UD3

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which one should I buy?

• Crosshair V Formula 990FX
    • Sabertooth 990FX
    • Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3

Sabertootj does not support quad sli it will support quad crossfireX but not sli.

Nvidia cards wont work in sli in slots under pci 2.0 x8 so the x16, x8, x8 would work for tri sli and the x4 slot would work for quad crossfireX

Longer warranty and cheaper go sabertooth

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say the UD3 since Bluepanda is selling one and it's sexy. :)

EDIT: I didn't notice you were in Portugal. Nevermind on the UD3 sale. :lol:

Edited by Waco

As Van recommended, id say go for: http://www.asrock.co...=Specifications

12+2 phase power mobo with excellent cooling, and with a better power design than even the RoG board, it should have the best overclocking out of all the 990FX boards.

Edited by MercuryDoun

The UD3 is pretty cool too and is even cheaper than the sabertooth here, but not by much. That is why I did put it in the poll.

I think that the features is about the same between these two, but the UD3 don't have 5 year warranty, that is almost the years that I want to keep this board.

From what I read, through leaks and secret powerpoint presentations ( :lol: ), there isn't going to be a major change this year for AMD, so its a good time to buy a Sabertooth or Crosshair.

Even if they bring Quad-Channel in the Piledriver next year, I can still use a 2000 or 2133 MHz ram and use the same processor. :evilgrin:

The asrock is nice too, but isn't sold around here. :-/

Edited by XtremeDS

The UD3 uses 'Hybrid EFI' which is called 'touch bios and is no where near as good as the rog UEFI bios if that is important to you. also if you are a heavy OC'er, make sure you get the UD3 rev that has LLC. should you decide on the Gigabyte board. Other than that, they will all OC to within a few% of each other. So the PCIE lane/slot availability is the important factor. If Blue Panda is offering a good deal on the UD3 (and she is $110) I would say go for the UD3

If Blue Panda is offering a good deal on the UD3 (and she is $110) I would say go for the UD3

Shipping to Portugal along with import duties would probably make that pretty expensive. I didn't realize that at first when I mentioned it. :P

Shipping to Portugal along with import duties would probably make that pretty expensive. I didn't realize that at first when I mentioned it. :P

...oh yeah, that would tariff him right out of a good deal. I of course thought he meant Portugal Wisconsin.....yes...that will do :whistling:

Yes, probably. :P

LLC? Load Line Calibration? Doesn't every board bring it now? I am sayng that because I have a option like that in my M4A78. :P

19032010011.jpg

My bios is just like this one.

The sabertooth already has enough overclocking options for me to get lost there. :lol:

I am from Europe, from Portugal... that is in a huge debt crisis. :P

Edited by XtremeDS

Yes, probably. :P

LLC? Load Line Calibration? Doesn't every board bring it now? I am sayng that because I have a option like that in my M4A78. :P

19032010011.jpg

My bios is just like this one.

The sabertooth already has enough overclocking options for me to get lost there. :lol:

I am from Europe, from Portugal... that is in a huge debt crisis. :P

sadly no, gigabyte inexplicably didn't provide LLC in the first revisions of the UD series. I don't know why, but they admit it was a mistake and quietly released a revision with LLC. I have been around the block a few times with them about it. I even sent them v-droop charts from my UD7. I am still trying to get my UD7 replaced with the rev1.1 (LLC) version.

Its decided: I am going for the Sabertooth.

The CHV got even more expensive and the sabertooth cheaper, growing to a difference of 70 €. Since I wouldn't probably use the extra features of the Crosshair, I prefer to keep the extra cash and 5 year warranty, then by easter, buy a better HDD, that is the worst part of my computer. The HDD I have right now is a Matrox 320 GB Sata II. I am probably going for a 1 TB Sata III HDD.

Thanks for the opinions. :thumbsup: