April 16 Newsletter

Nemo

If you are a newsletter subscriber, you're in for a treat as News Editor Guest_Jim_*explains graphene and its importance. Check it out and come back here to discuss the article

Hope this has a bit to do with copper graphene mixes for superior cooling. May not be what they wanted to do with graphene and PCs to begine with but it's a nice little thing on the side.

Will be looking forward to this one.

Hope this has a bit to do with copper graphene mixes for superior cooling. May not be what they wanted to do with graphene and PCs to begine with but it's a nice little thing on the side.

Will be looking forward to this one.

Sorry but I focused more on the electrical conductivity, molecular structure, and manufacturing. I actually should look into the reason why it has such good thermal conductivity. My guess is it either has to do with the high electron mobility, and they carry the thermal energy, or the molecular structure is a good conductor of phonons, the quanta of vibrations.

Sorry but I focused more on the electrical conductivity, molecular structure, and manufacturing. I actually should look into the reason why it has such good thermal conductivity. My guess is it either has to do with the high electron mobility, and they carry the thermal energy, or the molecular structure is a good conductor of phonons, the quanta of vibrations.

Haha sall good. I was really surprised when I saw that it was getting 25% increases on pure copper while also.being easier and cheaper to manufacture. Really can't wait to see heatsyncs with it because as you pointed out it appears it's going to be the first use of graphene in our computers. With the benefits of other and the more intended uses being something to really look forward to.

Off to read the newsletter :)

Edit: I wonder if graphene could ever be used for high power situations. The idea of transferring audio signals at the speed of light greatly interests me. However if leaves an issue... Just how to manufacture (cost effectively) something that can retain all the properties of graphene and carry sufficient power to the drivers.

Edited by Stonerboy779