Current SNB Build

Laststop

Man I'm loving this case. It's like every piece on the tower is completely strong and sturdy no flexing. It's like some hardcore quality steel.

70 dollars for a 170 dollar case + the usb 3.0 pass through to mobo i/o connector is something he added to it cause for some reason the front usb 3.0 ports have full usb pass through plugs instead of the mobo header. So have to buy a lil adapter to get the mobo header but he had that included in the case and those are like 10-20 bucks.

So really if you count the usb 3.0 adapter i really got the case for only 50 then.

Almost wanna steal the tower from my bro and just make a mid tower build instead of my mini itx build but hellllll nah im gonna have the highest performing mini itx box around.

And how about it has an external SATA connection and no I dont mean E-SATA ports I mean like an actual sata cable connection built right on to the top of the case and im guessing you can route it to a sata III port instead of II and have actual 6gbps speed right from external port.

This little sata cable port would be nice for xbox modders.

Edited by Laststop

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-83798-0-87028200-1330969313_thumb.jpg

Yay 6 Terabytes of 7200 rpm magnetic goodness. Took longer than expected to receive but for the cheap sale price can't really complain.

Im on the hunt for crucial m4 sales now. 128GB version will be plenty of room to store OS and most used games and programs. 256GB version would allow every single piece of software to be on ssd but I just dont think the added cost is worth it to put a few more games on it that are rarely ever played anymore. Also the 128GB version got the highest rated random 4k read vs all the sandforce drives and all the other crucial drives too (second only to the 128GB c300, which is the fastest random read SATA drive in existence.) I believe they said the block size is different on the 128GB models which allows it to get the best random read speeds even beating the higher capacity ssd's. And random 4k read is most important spec for snappy loading and responsiveness.

Edited by Laststop