AMD build vs. INTEL build *fixed*

TOMisCHEEZE

Are you looking to OC at all? If so, you might want to check out some aftermarket coolers. Also what do you have for a case, optical drive(s), PSU, and HDD(s)? The obvious has already been pointed out with your Intel build, but when 1155 mobo's do get re-released you should price out a combo with a p67 chipset. Also I agree with eisbar, do yourself a favor and dump the 470 for a 560 or a 6950, and I'd say just pick one of those for either build, don't short yourself if possible. What exactly are you upgrading from? Just curious as to what might be reusable to save you some coin. I'd say too that if you're going to OC, just get the G.Skill DDR3 1600Mhz for either build, if you're not going to then get the 1333Mhz set.

What are you planning on doing with your rig? If you REALLY have to stick to your $800 budget and have other components to buy, then you're probably gonna want to stick with AMD for price vs performance and cut back in some departments a little, but you're probably gonna see the best performance out of the Intel build unless you can utilize 6 cores.

Are you looking to OC at all? If so, you might want to check out some aftermarket coolers. Also what do you have for a case, optical drive(s), PSU, and HDD(s)? The obvious has already been pointed out with your Intel build, but when 1155 mobo's do get re-released you should price out a combo with a p67 chipset. Also I agree with eisbar, do yourself a favor and dump the 470 for a 560 or a 6950, and I'd say just pick one of those for either build, don't short yourself if possible. What exactly are you upgrading from? Just curious as to what might be reusable to save you some coin. I'd say too that if you're going to OC, just get the G.Skill DDR3 1600Mhz for either build, if you're not going to then get the 1333Mhz set.

What are you planning on doing with your rig? If you REALLY have to stick to your $800 budget and have other components to buy, then you're probably gonna want to stick with AMD for price vs performance and cut back in some departments a little, but you're probably gonna see the best performance out of the Intel build unless you can utilize 6 cores.

Yeah I plan to OC, thanks for the advice.

I plan on gaming, nothing too hardcore, and some graphical work, I shouldn't have to push it too much.

I'm upgrading from a Pentium 4 1.6 Ghz 1GB RAM P.O.S. ..my old computer blew up when a tree fell on our power line, sent wave after wave of surges through all my appliances.

But yeah I'm going to use my old HDD's and Optical's

Heres the case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233

and psu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005

Hmm, hadn't seen that one yet thanks, I was ready to just go AMD but I think I'll go Intel. Unless more info gets released on BD sometime soon, I can try to wait.

If I do go Intel though any good recommendations on the mobo?

My vote is for a ASUS motherboard also, make sure you look for a P67 chipset though, as I believe its the only one that currently allows for overclocking. Also if you live near a microcenter, they have the i5-2500k for $199.99.

I'd say got with the Intel build with the 1600mhz ram and either a 560 or a 6950. Also if you order your ram today you can get 10% off with promo code EMCKGKG29.

I dont think bulldozer can overperform sandy bridge now...

If it could, Amd would had already release some bench at CeBit

Pretty sure Bulldozer is gonna Bulldoze Sandy Bridge... However, socket 2011 ivy bridge is going to probably wreck Bulldozer. Just my guess.

Pretty sure Bulldozer is gonna Bulldoze Sandy Bridge... However, socket 2011 ivy bridge is going to probably wreck Bulldozer. Just my guess.

That sounds like a much more realistic scenario. Bulldozer might even give low-end 2011 a run for its money. No doubt it will claim the mainstream performance crown at least. That's what AMD is good at.