1200W PSU from Antec Tested

Nemo

When did Paul get another USB oscilloscope? Maybe I haven't read a PSU review in a while but I just remember the pictures of the analag unit...

My first cheap Chinese USB scope blew up so I went back to the analogue and photographed the screen. I now have a good quality Fluke 105 Scopemeter with an optically isolated USB lead and software, much better!

I've had Antec stuff before and I still run an Antec SOHO case for my server....soon to be replaced with a rackmount....

IMO you only buy stuff from Antec before you find out what the really good stuff is.....ie Lian Li cases and Corsair PSU's.

I've had a antec quattro (850) for almost 3 years now, without single issue.

the only complaint is one that this PSU has, the "semi" modular cables..

even with only 1 plugged in extra for my HDD's there are easily 3 extra cables that are never and haven't been used and have to be tucked.. when i bought it i figured modular meant modular.. but they meant semi-modular!

great review paul!

Got this PSU in a sale for a great deal! It's a shame it didn't get an award, but I'm still quite satisfied with my purchase, the black matte finish of the unit looks great, too. My main complaint with this particular unit is that the capacitor cable function...thing.. makes the end of the cable inflexible for about an inch after the pins and makes cable management a bit of a pain.