This is what a true radiator looks like

Prunes

You'll need some serious static pressure for that one Nyt :)

Meh, Push/Pull 6000rpm Delta fans will solve that :woot:

You'll need a monster pump for your one too :P At least mine can support a pump between each of the three while yours can only handle one :P

The most crazy one I ever heard of you cannot get pictures of. The guy dropped dual 240mm radiators into the water in a well, about 25 feet down and then ran hard line back to the room the computer was in before going to soft line into the PC. The pump was a small water pump unit that sat outside the house for the system. The pump was far enough away that the system was totally silent.

Pic

That is one insane setup. He has 2 pumps in succession. I'm starting to think that it might be slightly overkill. Is it just me or?

@Ed

I'd love to see that setup. Must be hella expensive. How well (no pun intended) did it cool?

That is one insane setup. He has 2 pumps in succession. I'm starting to think that it might be slightly overkill.

He probably needs two since he's pumping water up what looks like 6 feet or so vertically.

That is one insane setup. He has 2 pumps in succession. I'm starting to think that it might be slightly overkill. Is it just me or?

@Ed

I'd love to see that setup. Must be hella expensive. How well (no pun intended) did it cool?

The guy was telling me that the well is a near constant 34F and the water is moving. He explained that he was seeing temps usually very close to ambient at all times on the CPU, even under load. I seem to recall he said the worst temp he saw was like 10F above ambient room, which is typically around 72F.

Not sure of all the particulars, been a few years. Basically he had to work on the radiators to ensure they would not rust through. At the time I saw it he had the setup for two years. The system is designed that any computer could be hooked to it, he just occasionally had to buy new cooling blocks for CPU upgrades. If I recall correctly he said he only had something like $300 total in the setup, the pump he is using is essentially a smaller house water feed pump that has been regulated so the pressure in the flex pipes does not get to high. I do recall him saying it was a second attempt.

This guy did essentially the same thing with his homes AC unit, running the heat exchange down into a well to get that constant cooling power.

Now I feel the need to go see him again and see how this has held up...