Gaming: Then vs Now

Fogel

I wasn't poor growing up (you can't have TV and a game console and be poor) but my family dind't have a whole lot of money.

So I had a Sega MasterSystem (at this point it was years old and pretty much obsolete in the USA) around the time the Sega Genesis came out and I finally got a Genesis around 93-94 (never owned a Nintendo console growing up; excluding the GBC I had), got a PlayStation 1 around 1998 and didn't get a PlayStation 2 until about 04-05.

I've always been years behind in gaming.

Even with computer games I never had the proper hardware to run the newer games, I was always stuck playing the crap out of all my older games, having to make do with what I had.

Though it is actually a very good idea if you can not spoil the storylines of games to wait a few years for the prices of hardware and software to drop:

cutting_edge.png

I think this is why I was much more active when I was younger, I never had any new electronics/games and such so I had to GASP! go outside and do real/physical things.

that sounds similar to me...when I was younger..I never had the latest consoles...i remember I got the Gameboy Color...and that was a GAMING machine...otherwise you would find me outside on my bike(i've got the calves to prove it :P)...

but now..I study so much, I hardly play games. Maybe a little TDU2 on the weekend, but apart from that...not much gaming...just photoshop and OCC :D

edit: oh and round when I was 8-10yrs old...use to play multiplayer motocross madness with my dad...on my dad's custom PIII and his IBM T series laptop

Edited by Il_napoletano

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images