folding is slow

Hello, I starterd folding a few days ago and from what i read my PPD or points per day should be better then 15K unfortunately I'm only getting about 7000 a day any ideas?

Phenom II X4 975 3.6GHz Black edition CPU, ASROCK 970 Extreme3 motherboard, 2X4GB G.SKILL ripjaws ddr3 1600 RAM, XFX Radeon 7950 3GB black edition GPU running in eyefinity (3840X1024). For reference, my girlfriends machine is an hp motherboard with am2 2X3ghz, 4GB ddr2 and a radeon HD6970 and thats earning 9000 ppd

Get the passkey. I found version 7 slowed down my wife's rig tremendously when folding with that client. I'm still running the 6 series CPU and GPU client getting between 38 and 48K a day from a Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz and a GTX 560Ti.

You can run high performance clients and beta clients, which are compensated by higher PPD.

But they require a lot more maintenance to keep the client running, for ATI try V6 GPU2 Ver.6.23 and for SMP/CPU try V6 Beta Ver.6.34

And get a passkey for bonus points. in advanced settings & client files, I use V6, advmethods - forceasm, verbosity 9 

It's best to visit F@H forms site, and look at setting up high performance clients, and how to use flags, client performance tweaks, and which settings are best for your hardware to get the highest PPD.   

Edited by Braegnok
  • Like 1

Thanks dude! I figured out that a lot of my performance was being lost to the fact that I installed it to a ram drive. I think ram i/o was getting in the way of some of the work. I signed up for a key and that helped too, later on today Ill try a quicker client.