A headphone that lasts for a good while

N.E.A

Guys I want some feedback on a bunch of headphones I am considering to replace my TT Shock. Since its mic is not working anymore!!
I want to get one that will last for a good long while. I never misuse my equipment.

So here are the candidates:

1- CM Sounz

2- Corsair Vengeance 1300

3- CM sirus S

4- Roccat Kave ( Out of stock at the moment at the local retailers )

5- Suggestions !!

I need some feedback on those headsets and recommendations!!

I do not want to get something that is an overkill, I do not like the virtual or even the real 5.1 headsets or 7.1. I am just after a good quality headset. It does not have to be 5.1 or any of that fancy stuff.

note : I replaced my headphone once and It seems like it was not just a faulty unit. I think the whole line is of low quality and to be honest it feels kinda like it.

That is my feedback on the TT shock and I will never recommend them to anyone or maybe even any of TT products.

A standalone mic is fine as well but it has to have an embedded button to mute it. In another words, I can live with the headphones for now since the sound output is working and buy a separate mic.

Edited by N.E.A

I abuse the hell out of my Turtle Beach earforce x12 headset and it's still kicking. You could also consider steelseries as I've heard their products are top notch.

I don't know about all the models that SteelSeries makes, but the mic on my SteelSeries Siberia v2 quit working right after they went out of warranty.  Kind of crappy for a headset that I paid well over $100 for at the time.  The rest of the headset still works fine though.  I put a Zalman clip on mic on the cord and it is serviceable.  From my experience I'd avoid any SteelSeries headset that uses their retractable mic design.

Do you want a replacement headset with analog connection or usb connection?

Maximum budget?

Not knowing the answers to either of the two questions above, I'll go out on a limb and tell you the four I'd consider right now if I were shopping (in no particular order);

Sennheiser PC 330 G4ME

Turtle Beach Z6A

SteelSeries 7H

Audio Technica  ATH-AD700 (will require stand alone mic)

usb and analog both are fine with me. budget I don't want to spend more than 100$

but I can throw more to it if it means that I will be getting the best quality headphone.

All of the ones I listed are in the $100 neighborhood give or take.

For the money it would probably be hard to beat the TB Z6A headset if you have a 5.1 sound solution onboard or a dedicated sound card.  Otherwise I would probably opt for the Sennheiser PC330 G4ME.  

I don't have anything against any of those you listed in your first post, and I'm sure that there will be a lot of folks who personally use one of the models you listed and will tell you that they are awesome, great, the best thing such peanut butter and jelly etc.  And they would probably be right.

I'm only giving you the ones that I would drop a $100 bill on.

I'm a fan of Koss. It targets professionals working in studios more than gamers, but if it's good enough for them, it should be good enough for us. Also most of its products are covered by the company's no-questions-asked lifetime limited warranty, so they are confident they will last a long time.

Alright, I am considering the turtle Beach stuff but I jus realized something, there is no local warranty for it!

only the Tt, corsair, razer, logitech, roccat and cooler master products come with local warranty!

That is why unfortunately, I am bound to these makes only! truly a shame because I wanted that turtle Beach headphone.

So, back to the beginning. Which headphone do you recommend from the bunch I just mentioned in this very post?

I've had really good experiences with Corsair and Logitech products, though not their headsets. I owned a pair of Razer headphones and they died right out of warranty. It was sad because I had a love affair with those damn headphones.  :wub:

• Like 1

I've had really good experiences with Corsair and Logitech products, though not their headsets. I owned a pair of Razer headphones and they died right out of warranty. It was sad because I had a love affair with those damn headphones.  :wub:

ok razer is nocked down from my list.

I guess its down to the other guys except for logitech since its out of my budget !!

I would suggest you Roccat Kave. It's a true 5.1 surround headset. I saw it at one of my friend's place and liked it very much. The difference in quality of sound from he virtual 5.1 headsets could easily be understood while gaming with it.

First off, please link some type of website that you can shop from and list a budget in EGP. Not all the headphones that we have in the US are in eypt. I am guessing that is probably why you gave us a specific list, but just in case you can find any of these, here is what I have to say. 

Fostex T50-RP are always a great bang for the buck pair of headphones. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/281431-REG/Fostex_T50_RP_T50RP_Studio_Headphones.html

As mentioned above, the ATH-AD700s are always a great choice. 

Audio technica M50s are pretty good as well and can be found for ~100 bucks (The price on these fluctuate like crazy. During Christmas time, you could have bought these for 90 bucks. Now they are in the 150-160 range. I would definitely keep an eye out this week end for 4th of July sales) 

The creative aurvana live are rebadged denon headphones and sound pretty darn good for 60 bucks. http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA

I would no go with sennheiser unless you can find HD580s for dirt cheap on head-fi or ebay. The 595s and the 555s......ehh and even the PC360s (or PC350s if you want closed headphones) are ok. Everything else is junk. ((((Obviously I am excluding the headphones that are going to be out of his price range)))

All of these headphones need an extra mic. Anything from the zalman mic http://www.xoxide.com/zmmic1.html to the antlion mod mic http://www.modmic.com/collections/frontpage will serve you well. 

-----------------------------

If I HAD to choose something from your list. I would probably choose the corsair ones. I would be kind of reluctant to do that since they do not have the best sound quality, but the others aren't much better. The roccat kaves are nice if you like the 5.1 feature, but the sound quality does suffer sooooo IDK what to tell you. 

• Like 1