AMD Athlon II X4 640 CPU Tested

Nemo

Very nice...

seems AMD is kicking it in gear and really doing some amazing things...this is the one I am most interested in...cant wait to see a review on it....

AMD will offer the X930 Black Edition processor. This one will come clocked at 2.3GHz and consume 45W of power, making it better suited for bigger laptops and desktop replacements.

or simple home media servers and HTPCs

There's already the Athlon II X4 610e clocked at 2.4GHz with a TDP of 45W. The only advantage that the X930 has compared to it is the unlocked multi, as I am pretty sure the it won't have any L3. Also it will probably feature a lower HT link clock like other mobile processors. And I would not expect seeing it in the AM3 package...

• 1 year later...

Great Processor especially on a budget build. bought this for $110 at a local distributor. Handles everything I throw at it. Don't listen to any comments about this processor not being able to handle the higher-end, power-hungry games like Crysis. It does and without being OC'd. If you're under a tight budget, it's a great steal. Get it. (Paired w/ ATI Radeon 6770 XOC - 1600 x 900)

Edited by TwohigTech