Thinking of Upgrading

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on all the new gear!

Thank you.  I got the tracking number this morning.  I can finally stop spending half my days researching Intel stuff.  I can take a break and get everything I need together to be ready to put the new system together next week.

I do appreciate all the help I got in this rather lengthy thread.  I

Thank you.  I got the tracking number this morning.  I can finally stop spending half my days researching Intel stuff.  I can take a break and get everything I need together to be ready to put the new system together next week.

Travis is still around.  Don't talk to him much any more though.  Last I heard he was trying to finish his degree so he could start teaching.  I pretty sure his wife is a teacher too.

If the motherboard has a speaker it will be included as a "stand alone" item that you'll need to take out of the box and attach it to the board.  Many if not most of today's boards do not come with that extra motherboard speaker.  With so many boards coming out with indicator lights, trouble shooting LEDs etc. there isn't much reason to have to drop back to the old "listen to the beep code" routine   :)

I think you are correct.  Before replying, I looked in the manual about the LED lights, and all errors are shown by certain LED lights.  However, what was confusing is that on the troubleshooting part of the ASUS site, they only make reference to