Sapphire 5870 Tested

Bosco

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suggestion: adding a physx card and adding those results onto related games as well, I assume a fairly large number of people have something doing physx now if they are using ati for graphics

Edit: thanks for the review :)

Edited by xchrissypoox

Suggestion: adding a physx card and adding those results onto related games as well, I assume a fairly large number of people have something doing physx now if they are using ati for graphics

Edit: thanks for the review :)

I agree with chrissy, you should definitely give that 250 GTS a purpose and run ti alongside the 5870 :thumbs-up:

That's odd how the HD5870 is ahead of the HD4870X2 in many tests at low resolutions, and then loses at the higher ones. I was definitely expecting it to beat the 4870X2 since it has basically the same number of stream processors but in one package without the need for CrossfireX. Would only 1GB be a bottleneck for such a powerful GPU?

Look at FarCry 2, Crysis which it gets on par at 2560x1600, Call of Duty 5, Resident Evil 5 where it gets beaten in all resolutions, and Left 4 Dead.

I think the 2GB version might be worth it when it gets available. It could also help it get even closer to the GTX295...

That's odd how the HD5870 is ahead of the HD4870X2 in many tests at low resolutions, and then loses at the higher ones. I was definitely expecting it to beat the 4870X2 since it has basically the same number of stream processors but in one package without the need for CrossfireX. Would only 1GB be a bottleneck for such a powerful GPU?

Look at FarCry 2, Crysis which it gets on par at 2560x1600, Call of Duty 5, Resident Evil 5 where it gets beaten in all resolutions, and Left 4 Dead.

I think the 2GB version might be worth it when it gets available. It could also help it get even closer to the GTX295...

At my resolution 1920x1200 it's not enough of an increase to give up 375 bucks. Though if i didn't have my 285 already i would buy it. Superb review btw!!

Edited by TropicalPreist

Hmmm...guess I'll be keeping my 4870X2 for a while longer. :P

:P i think no one should buy a new if the performance he gets is good

nvidia`s move is smarter though , they will release the cards when dx 11 games are getting out ...:)

Edited by N.E.A