*Urgent!* Need help finding new video card (Purchasing w/in hour)

Are you planning to build a new system in the near future? If yes, the 760 would be a better investment. If you just want a working system, go for the 660 or some cheaper card (HD7770-7870 or GTX650-650Ti maybe?), since the rest of the system will probably be a bottleneck to both cards (correct me if I'm wrong).

That's what I was thinking, that the rest of my PC is a bottleneck for some of these recommended cards.

I do want to build a PC sometime in the near future, but I would still keep this one running just more for multimedia purposes and no gaming.I definitely just want something to get my PC to work. Mostly will be playing the new counter-strike anyway which barely needs any VGA power.

Are there any cards that are even under $100 that would work for the new counter-strike game and later just for watching movies / using internet?

Thanks for all the help guys, y'all are the best. I forgot how nice everyone here is.... definitely getting back to this forum!

The AMD R7 250X is probably one of the best cards you can get under $100 (ex sales tax):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=-1&IsNodeId=1&Description=r7%20250x&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20

It's basically the same card as the HD7770 and if you look it up on youtube, people are getting 80-150 FPS on the highest settings with that card. I'm not sure if you can get the same results with your E6600 though, since the game depends more on the CPU.

Edited by Bla

Pushes the edge of your budget but the 270X Toxic at $249 is a screaming card in performance but very quiet and cool running. The 270X Dual X is coming in at $209. R7 265 (Basically a 7850) is at $159. Some solid options with great performance.

Are you planning to build a new system in the near future? If yes, the 760 would be a better investment. If you just want a working system, go for the 660 or some cheaper card (HD7770-7870 or GTX650-650Ti maybe?), since the rest of the system will probably be a bottleneck to both cards (correct me if I'm wrong).

That's what I was thinking, that the rest of my PC is a bottleneck for some of these recommended cards.

I do want to build a PC sometime in the near future, but I would still keep this one running just more for multimedia purposes and no gaming.I definitely just want something to get my PC to work. Mostly will be playing the new counter-strike anyway which barely needs any VGA power.

Are there any cards that are even under $100 that would work for the new counter-strike game and later just for watching movies / using internet?

Thanks for all the help guys, y'all are the best. I forgot how nice everyone here is.... definitely getting back to this forum!

The AMD R7 250X is probably one of the best cards you can get under $100 (ex sales tax):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=-1&IsNodeId=1&Description=r7%20250x&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20

It's basically the same card as the HD7770 and if you look it up on youtube, people are getting 80-150 FPS on the highest settings with that card. I'm not sure if you can get the same results with your E6600 though, since the game depends more on the CPU.

Making the purchase within the next hour, I was thinking maybe this card?

EVGA 02G-P4-2643-KR GeForce GT 640 2GB 128-Bit DDR3 PCI Express 3.0 x16

I decided under $100 is my best bet, it is a temporary gaming card for a temporary gaming build. I will just wait for a higher-priced / higher-end card when I decide to fully build a new PC in the nearish future, leaving this build to be a strictly media center/internet PC.

The other card would be this one, not sure if the brand new above one is better (1GB more memory, older memory technology)

EVGA 01G-P4-2650-RX GeForce GTX 650 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 Edited by alleyezonme3

If you're going that route, then buy a GTX 750 1GB. It's $120, not under $100, but it's a pretty good temporary gaming card, much better than a GT 640 (which you'll be sorely disappointed).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IDG3NDY/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I am also selling some HD 7850 2GB's for $110 shipped, in case you don't mind being interested in something used.

If you're going that route, then buy a GTX 750 1GB. It's $120, not under $100, but it's a pretty good temporary gaming card, much better than a GT 640 (which you'll be sorely disappointed).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IDG3NDY/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I am also selling some HD 7850 2GB's for $110 shipped, in case you don't mind being interested in something used.

Sigh, I found it on newegg (link) but I guess it is at a different location because I can't select will-call for it.

This card, which seems very similar, does have will-call though, what do you think?

GIGABYTE GV-N750OC-1GI GeForce GTX 750 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5  Edited by alleyezonme3

Sigh, I found it on newegg (link) but I guess it is at a different location because I can't select will-call for it.

This card, which seems very similar, does have will-call though, what do you think?

GIGABYTE GV-N750OC-1GI GeForce GTX 750 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 

All GTX 750 1GB's are pretty much the same except for the manufacturer and fan used. They will all perform somewhat similarly, so I'd say go for it. I like Gigabyte, and their RMA service is great, in case you do need to RMA.

GIGABYTE GV-N750OC-1GI GeForce GTX 750 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5 

All GTX 750 1GB's are pretty much the same except for the manufacturer and fan used. They will all perform somewhat similarly, so I'd say go for it. I like Gigabyte, and their RMA service is great, in case you do need to RMA.

All I needed to hear, just ordered. Gonna go pick it up! Thank you :)

Edited by alleyezonme3