Korean Monitors 1440p

Pteroduck

Yamikasi makes some monitors that are on par with the same quality as Qnix and X-star.

If you are wanting to try to get to 120Hz just remember not to get the multi input versions as they DO NOT overclock.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yamikasi makes some monitors that are on par with the same quality as Qnix and X-star.

If you are wanting to try to get to 120Hz just remember not to get the multi input versions as they DO NOT overclock.

thanks I'll make sure to not grab the multi true 10 models as they have multiple inputs, thanks for the reminder!

The two are exactly the same monitor, so don't worry about the badge on it and go with the best deal. I went for the pixel perfect model too, actually the ultimate: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ultimate-Perfect-Pixel-Qnix-27-QX2710-Evolution-II-Slim-2560x1440-Monitor-/321376073626?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item4ad381b79a

I've had the qnix 2710 for a while now, love it, no problems with ghosting or anything with the advertised 8ms response time. I keep it overclocked 24/7 at 96hz and it's an indescribable amount better than my previous 25" 2ms TN monitor. Going to 27" /1440p was't that big of a change except the colors are def better and it just feels more responsive/ or faster/ in games too. After getting and returning two with a ton of dead pixels from ipsledmonitors, I ponied up for the ultimate pixel perfect version on ebay and it is indeed perfect.

No input lag or what not? Any problems going to 120hz?

I don't notice any input lag, and better than my last monitor. It seems to do 120hz but won't keep the settings after restart (IIRC i actually haven't tried since I fist got it) I've heard there is a bit of a color or gamma shift for some at the higher hz, plus it's hard to get games up to or past 120hz at 1440p and ultra settings all at the same time anyway.

That's pretty valid. I'll probably keep t at 96 like everyone else seems to keep theirs at. Is there any difference between the ultimate and the regular pixel perfect? Looks like they just check the backlight and give you free returns....

The two are exactly the same monitor, so don't worry about the badge on it and go with the best deal. I went for the pixel perfect model too, actually the ultimate: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ultimate-Perfect-Pixel-Qnix-27-QX2710-Evolution-II-Slim-2560x1440-Monitor-/321376073626?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item4ad381b79a

I've had the qnix 2710 for a while now, love it, no problems with ghosting or anything with the advertised 8ms response time. I keep it overclocked 24/7 at 96hz and it's an indescribable amount better than my previous 25" 2ms TN monitor. Going to 27" /1440p was't that big of a change except the colors are def better and it just feels more responsive/ or faster/ in games too. After getting and returning two with a ton of dead pixels from ipsledmonitors, I ponied up for the ultimate pixel perfect version on ebay and it is indeed perfect.

I don't notice any input lag, and better than my last monitor. It seems to do 120hz but won't keep the settings after restart (IIRC i actually haven't tried since I fist got it) I've heard there is a bit of a color or gamma shift for some at the higher hz, plus it's hard to get games up to or past 120hz at 1440p and ultra settings all at the same time anyway.

That's pretty valid. I'll probably keep t at 96 like everyone else seems to keep theirs at. Is there any difference between the ultimate and the regular pixel perfect? Looks like they just check the backlight and give you free returns....

I swear when I got mine they where a little more different, like 3 dead pixels in the normal pixel perfect models.  But I see the descriptions all say just 1 dead pixel and no stuck/bright pixels allowed.  Sounds fine and really a dead pixel or two you will never see except on the first day when you are doing that pixel test to find one.  I had a couple monitors with stuck bright pixels and I just couldn't handle that so ended up with this one to be sure.  

I swear when I got mine they where a little more different, like 3 dead pixels in the normal pixel perfect models. But I see the descriptions all say just 1 dead pixel and no stuck/bright pixels allowed. Sounds fine and really a dead pixel or two you will never see except on the first day when you are doing that pixel test to find one. I had a couple monitors with stuck bright pixels and I just couldn't handle that so ended up with this one to be sure.
Yeah I had the "luck" of having my last monitor and this one to have a stuck green pixel in the same spot. I've gotten used to it, though I hope my next one doesn't keep the curse alive.