Video processing build

DCIV

I usually use Ulead for most.

Haven't heard if it but that doesn't mean much lol. I'm a adobe guy for the most part. The stop motion stuff I've done I just compile all the frames at 30fps and let the computer sort out the time per frame.

I have adobe but have not gotten into it as there is a pretty steep learning curve.  Ulead also does what I need but would love to look into adobe doing it.  The go pro will do 60fps at 720p and then I like to have it play back at 30fps so if it were a 10 sec file it goes to 20.  How hard is that in adobe?

I think so that their is a benfit . Others do not and only think its useful to make a larger array . What's 500mb/s vs 1000. At some point ( probly around 500 the hard drive isn't be bottle neck anymore . Transferring 3-5gb back and forth only takes a minute and i hardly notice . So I guess in the end raiding ssds is pointless

I usually use Ulead for most.

Haven't heard if it but that doesn't mean much lol. I'm a adobe guy for the most part. The stop motion stuff I've done I just compile all the frames at 30fps and let the computer sort out the time per frame.

I have adobe but have not gotten into it as there is a pretty steep learning curve. Ulead also does what I need but would love to look into adobe doing it. The go pro will do 60fps at 720p and then I like to have it play back at 30fps so if it were a 10 sec file it goes to 20. How hard is that in adobe?

Semless . You set the frame rate and the time and it does the rest for you. I would make a quick tutorial if I was home. Maybe later

^that would be amazing!

So is a dual CPU build worth it or should I go more traditional?  I just would hate to spend the extra money and then find out later it doesnt work like I think it would. 

1How big is each project and how long is each one ?

2Also what is each frame (tiff, jpg, tga).

3. What codec are ou using and settings ( ex. H.264 , 2-pass 1080, 60fps , etc)

That will help me figure it out .

I usually take a 20-30 second file and make it double that length, that lets me play it but later I burn in onto dvd and give them to the subjects being video'ed.  I wish that helped but I do not know the formats, I know it stays the same format when doubling the length but then has to convert it to burn to dvd and thats what usually takes forever.  I burn it for 30fps. 

amd turion 2.4ghz, 4 gig of mem, 32 bit processing system.  Its mainly when it goes to convert to dvd.  Later today or tomorrow I will actually do one and watch the formats.  I never pay much attention to that end. 

Oh I would have to add it up because I changed so many parts and sold things for new things. I would say around $1600

anyways here is the video showing how to setup stop motion in Premeire.

Final Results: 4k video

edit: honestly if you into stop motion and thats all you want to do, get Dragonfire http://www.dragonframe.com/features.php $300 and it's cheaper and for the most part better than anything else becuase its for stop motion. I might try it out and make something agian. it's been a long time.

Edited by hornybluecow