Crysis

paulktreg

Finished Crysis Warhead and thought it was pretty good. Started Crysis 2 and not convinced and to be honest I probably won't bother.

have some fun with that paul, i'll be looking forward to hearing about it ! ,...i feel pissed and cheated that i still caint get either of the #1 or warhead to work on steam on my gamer rig and steam support is friggin useless,...i sure as hell won't buy any more of the crysis's on steam,....but i'm feeling good that at least one of us is getting it !

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i haven't played it either...shrug...but i will i guess, sometime,....if i remember right, the reason i skipped cry2 is because crytek detuned it so that everybody in the world could play it and took away the need to have kick ass state of the art hardware to play it, and also they made it like "console available" that all made me go think about it and so i never went back to it...well maybe i'll get back to it one day...

The graphics of Crysis 1 (on the best un-modded setting) really aren't as impressive as you may think they are.  Granted I may have been expecting too much due to all the hype of the game since it is probably the most hyped PC game of all time, and I didn't play it when it was new - 2010 I think, so 3yrs later.   I dunno, when I got around to playing it I was wondering how it got hyped up so much ...but I have seen better graphics on a console than Crysis 1 on the PC.  I won't say it was garbage because its not, but I definitely spent my money on better stuff.  I seen better and played games that pulled me in more.   Now I didn't finish it so maybe it saved the amazing for last, but at this time I would say don't weep if you can't get it to work on Steam.  It is a little flaky on Steam that annoyed me with some punkbuster issues ...ironically enough with BF3 (another overhyped EA game - although BF3 uses Origin so maybe that's why) and installed some other ghostware crap on my system that other games whimpered about.   Good? ...ehh.. ya.   Amazing and worth the hype - no way.

i haven't played it either...shrug...but i will i guess, sometime,....if i remember right, the reason i skipped cry2 is because crytek detuned it so that everybody in the world could play it and took away the need to have kick ass state of the art hardware to play it, and also they made it like "console available" that all made me go think about it and so i never went back to it...well maybe i'll get back to it one day...

but I have seen better graphics on a console than Crysis 1 on the PC

show me lol

there is no console game that looks as good as crysis 1 on the pc, period.

not to sound as a fanboy, but it is the truth, current gen consoles almost always have flat textures (crysis has them too but way less then consoles has)

and not to forget the af and aa that smoothen the image, what consoles doesnt have, (atleast not af, aa are in the minorety of games)

show me lol

there is no console game that looks as good as crysis 1 on the pc, period.

not to sound as a fanboy, but it is the truth, current gen consoles almost always have flat textures (crysis has them too but way less then consoles has)

and not to forget the af and aa that smoothen the image, what consoles doesnt have, (atleast not af, aa are in the minorety of games)

You read the part where I'm not impressed with Crysis (unmodded)?   The only thing that did impress me about Crysis graphics was the dynamic lighting.  Outside of that - meh. 

The current gen consoles cannot do AF/AA and will also pale in comparision in textures.  Though it takes more than those features to impress me graphically speaking.   The art direction of a game plays a huge role in the graphics for me.  For example, even though Bioshock's gameplay did not keep me entertained enough to finish the game I will say the graphics direction completely immersed me in the game and made me believe I got caught up in a truly F'd up situation.   Though it is very hard to compare Bioshock to Crysis and I'm not sure I would make the claim the the XBox 360 version of Bioshock is better than the PC Crysis.  I'm sure if I did a 1 to 1 comparision of those two games purely on a image quality comparison I would give it to Crysis, but I will say Bioshock's graphics pulled me in more than Crysis' overhyped graphics did.  In other words, I found Crysis' environment to be rather unimagined and boring.

A console game I would stack against Crysis on a image quality level and is more fair comparison since they're both FPS and combat takes place in jungle environments and also has aliens is Halo 4.   Halo 4's graphics impressed me ...and I don't like Halo.   There are also some PS3 games that impressed me with their graphics.

Where the PC reallys trumps Consoles is the ability to mod them.   Though I'm arguing unmodded here because the game is shipped that way and all the performance hits are with an unmodded Crysis, and quite frankly the performance hit speaks of a poorly coded game because the graphics don't justify the hit.   A fully modded out Crysis looks good - the best one I saw had horrible lighting blur with the sun being flat out stupid but everything else looked gorgeous.   I want to say it was the Xigmatek Mod but I could be wrong on that.

Let's have no falling out! :(

If I'm being honest I don't give a s**t about the quality of the graphics. If I can get a decent frame rate with everything turned down if necessary then all I'm concerned about is the quality of the game play and Crysis and Crysis Warhead kept me interested which is unusual. I'll try and get into Crysis 2 but I'm still not convinced.

The game itself is good. I'm having fun with Crysis 2, story, gameplay, etc.

I just wonder How rare their developers are and they sell such a produc with so many flaws. Some of the prblems I have.

- Sometimes the "checkpoints" doesn't load and the "events" are not triggered. For example, if there should appear a spaceship it might never appear and you have to load. It happens very frequently.

- Blurry like a blind image. Is likebeing 50% blind, only happened to me twice.

- Hud distorsion like hell. It happens very frequently.Sometimes hud dissapear.

- Crazy screen, it all goes dark and fuzzy, some seconds u can't see sh*t. The hud is blurry and everythign in screen is moving like hell. It also happens frequently when there are so many explosions or you shoot with grenade launcher at enemies.

- I have seen a last one for now and just only one time. The center of screen is in focus, the rest out of focus and like moving but freezed, i just can't describe. is like beingh high i suposse tought I have neber been in that situation.

So many bugs that a game that could be a 9.5 is a 7 for me. I know I don't have the very latest drivers but my 460 is the most compatiblesh*t ever. I've always had problems with crysis 1, warhead, 2. Full of graphical bugs. I think is cuz the game is extremely complex and is far beyond any other game in graphic effects related. I've never seen a game with so many FX, really. Not even BF3

Crysis set the bar in PC gaming then they decided to jump on the console band wagon with crysis 2 and it's impossible to do what they did with the first one on consoles (without completely frying them) so we PC gamers get thrown a disappointing product.

crysis 2 looks miles beter then crysis, your point is invalid.

what I was say is there was alot more they could have done with it that they didn't or couldn't because of it being developed for multiple platforms. The original Crysis did things that most PC's at the time couldn't handle and alot still don't run it to it's top potential Crysis 2 on the other hand was dumbed down so that an of the shelf at your local best buy computer could run it at max settings 

making a game look prettier doesnt make it better than the original, kinda like friday the 13th was a far better movie than Jason X 

ahh the typical fanboy comment, classic

didnt think i'd saw them here.

crysis 2 doesnt run on any pc, if you would buy a pc off teh shelf it would have a 5670 or gt430 or something and those 2 card are CLEARLY not fit to run crysis 2 on max settings even before the update extreme was pretty taxing on mid-end cards (gtx 460 1gb, amd 6850/6870) so that argument is thrown out of the window, after the update even a gtx 580 cant make 60fps solid with all the settings at ultra with dx11 enabled and hi-res texturepacks @1080P which is a low resolution nowadays. so crysis 2 is a pretty heavy demanding game these days

crysis 1 was so heavy because the cryengine2 was not optimised for multiple systems be it pc or consoles,

cryengine 3 IS optimised for both pc and consoles that is why it runs lighter then crysis 1, but that doesnt mean cryengine 3 is worse then cryengine 2 >.>

MaldoHD mod makes crysis2 look amazing. SLI/crossfire or not much fun lol.

Let's have no falling out! :(

If I'm being honest I don't give a s**t about the quality of the graphics. If I can get a decent frame rate with everything turned down if necessary then all I'm concerned about is the quality of the game play and Crysis and Crysis Warhead kept me interested which is unusual. I'll try and get into Crysis 2 but I'm still not convinced.

This is why I have played through Half-Life like a 100 times. The story for that game is amazing, so is the game play. I have not played a recent game that even comes close to drawing me in as much as Half-Life did.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I tried Crysis 2 and really started to enjoy it via Steam but it crashes with a black screen on the transition from the Power Out to Eye Of The Storm level. Really dissapointed. Any ideas?

Well I tried Crysis 2 and really started to enjoy it via Steam but it crashes with a black screen on the transition from the Power Out to Eye Of The Storm level. Really dissapointed. Any ideas?

lemme guess, windows 8?