$400, CPU, MOBO, RAM

ivangela

I've seen a lot of mixed feelings about ASRock boards in general.

I owned an Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 for a bit and while it did overclock very well, something I noticed was how noticeably thin it was. I guess I'm too used to thicker Gigabyte boards but it kinda bugged me. Due to this, my H100 didn't actually make very good contact with the CPU (the actual mounting system was very loose even when I tightened it all the way). From what I've read, it's the same case with the Z68 Extreme4 (not sure about the Z77 boards though).

Surprisingly, I was still getting great temperatures (thank goodness for thermal paste)

The H100 bracket is like that on all boards. It's not meant to be tight.

I've seen a lot of mixed feelings about ASRock boards in general.

I owned an Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 for a bit and while it did overclock very well, something I noticed was how noticeably thin it was. I guess I'm too used to thicker Gigabyte boards but it kinda bugged me. Due to this, my H100 didn't actually make very good contact with the CPU (the actual mounting system was very loose even when I tightened it all the way). From what I've read, it's the same case with the Z68 Extreme4 (not sure about the Z77 boards though).

Surprisingly, I was still getting great temperatures (thank goodness for thermal paste)

The H100 bracket is like that on all boards. It's not meant to be tight.

Mhm, I can attest that the bracket isn't completely tight, but there was definitely a good difference when mounting it on my P67 Gigabyte board and Z77 MSI board, versus my Extreme3.

It didn't affect temps too much (which means the mounting system still worked fine), so maybe I'm just too OCD about it  :tongue:

ASRock boards are good (especially for the money), just not for me :)