Help No Videocard Working

HarryTaco

Gentlemen,

Awhile back I incurred this system problem.  My video card stopped working and the video fan went immeadiately to like 100% on start up.

I had a black screen on the monitor.

I plugged my monitor into my Mobo and got my screen back but the Vid Card fan still screaming at 100%.

I tried another Video Card and got the same situation.

So I thought the Pci E  circuits on my Mobo were blown.  I bought a new Mobo and installed everything and upon start up I incurred the same problem with a new mobo. Both different brands of similar performance.

I don't really believe my video cards are the problem NVidia 680 and a NVidia 580.  Both were working before this and I tried both in the on the old board and now on my new board.

If anyone has had any kind of similar situation please chime in.  If not then, I know there are a lot of good heads here that can possibly help me figure it out.

My original system specs are listed below.  The only change is now I have a MSI Z77A-GD55. 

What in Hades could be the problem?   Could my power supply have something to do with it?

HELP Please.

Kwok

Do you have another power supply to test with to see if that is indeed the problem?

Yeah actually I do but im not sure if it is capable of running this system.  I will give it a shot. 

Check back in awhile thanks.

Thanks,

I got the problem solved.   I had forgot that I bought my new (well not new anymore) GTX680 because my GTX580 had finally given up.  Lucky I still had a  GTX9800 in my old cannibalized not running Rig.  Rather than pull the PSU, which would have been difficult since it was a custom built case, I decided to pop my 9800 in just for kicks.  Lo and behold, it was running fine after a driver install.

Just a side note:  I called EVGA and got an RMA going.  The tech was helpful and got my unregistered card registered, then walked me thru the RMA process.  It was painless.  Thank You EVGA for being on the ball.

Edited by Kwok