Cosmos II Ultra Case and Water Cooling

This thread is for anyone who has recently bought, soon will buy, or is just considering buying the Cosmos II Ultra case by CoolerMaster. This case has tons of potential, so let's bounce ideas off each other about what would be some of the more efficient ways to use this massive interior for water cooling. I wanna hear all your ideas about radiator, fan, pump, and reservoir placement.

Edited by NikoDG

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great idea Niko! :thumbsup:

So are you going to have a go at putting a window in yours as well?

I will get my WC plans up here soon. I am Still working on more than one idea, and trying to get the skinny on who is actually having plating problems with their GPU blocks.

I will wait for them to make a replaceable side panel with a window, if they don't make one I'll probably go without. I could never bring myself to do so much as to drill a hole in that case, never mind taking a dremel to it :P

I'll get my water cooling set up on here too in a bit, though I'm not sure if it's entirely viable :lol:

Edited by NikoDG

Not sure where you had in mind for the 120mm, but you can get 2x 240mm by placing one on either side on the bottom. that is what I am looking at as well.  

Is there room for an rx sandwich down the bottom with 25mm fans? ie fans-rx240-fans-rx240-fans

Oh, not a 120mm, a 140mm, sorry :P

I was thinking a 360mm medium profile radiator mounted to the top of the case, then three fans above it under the bezel pulling air through it. A 140mm high profile radiator on the back exhaust, with a fan on it's backside in pull. Then two 240mm high-medium profile radiators in the bottom compartment, with fans on the outside of the two radiators, blowing in one side and out the other. For fans I'm thinking 1,850 RPM Gentle Typhoons, and a Noiseblocker BlackSilentPro 1,700 RPM for the 140mm radiator. For radiators I'm still looking but I'll post back when I get them figured.

As for a reservoir, I was thinking a Koolance Dual Bay Split Reservoir with two integrated Koolance PMP-450's.Then I'd make both loops out of 1/2" ID - 3/4" OD clear tubing with a different coloured dye in each loop. Probably run compression fittings, a Koolance CPU-370 CPU water block, and a Koolance Sabertooth X79 mosfet/chipset combo block in one loop. Then my GPU water blocks in the other (I'm going to wait to seen the green teams offerings, then I'll probably grab dual HD 7990's, or dual GTX 790's, quadfire for the win).

Is there room for an rx sandwich down the bottom with 25mm fans? ie fans-rx240-fans-rx240-fans

Hey Stoner,

There is, I am playing with fans right now to figure minimum spacing for opposing fans as well.

From what I've seen you're better off not stacking radiators, ever. The hot air from the first radiator makes the second radiator extremely inefficient at shedding heat.

That would be sick cooling performance. Much better than my single MCR220.

Defiantly and only coming in at 200mm, however imagine an ex triple sandwich at 207mm.

Considering there is a 200mm fan in front I imagine both of these could squeeze in. The ex for damn extreme cooling the rx for still extreme but quiet cooling also.