Corsair Obsidian 650D Mid-Tower Case Reviewed

OCC Reviewer airman reviews the Corsair Obsidian 650D case. Can Corsair's latest offering combine the features of a full-tower case with the smaller size of a mid-tower case? Read on and find out - http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/corsair_obsidian_d/

lovly review... shame it has no internal usb 3.0...

Yep that part surprised me. I figured they'd both be internal, at least one...

Yeah, the price is up there. But it's a huge mid tower. Yeah, it's close in price to the 700D but it's out of stock at Newegg for us US folks, and the 800D is at the cheapest $60 more and it's only slightly smaller but has about the same amount of internal room.

I think this case looks amazing. You don't need a full tower to get good airflow...I have a mid tower and my components stay nice and cool. I love the features available on this case and the sleek design. I would definitely consider one for my next case. Either that or an HAF 932 to mod haha

I think this case looks amazing. You don't need a full tower to get good airflow...I have a mid tower and my components stay nice and cool. I love the features available on this case and the sleek design. I would definitely consider one for my next case. Either that or an HAF 932 to mod haha

How do you keep your components cool in a Smilodon? It doesn't exactly have the most fantastic airflow.

How do you keep your components cool in a Smilodon? It doesn't exactly have the most fantastic airflow.

CPU has never gone above 41C, GPU stays under 65C under full load. I have two scythe ultra kazes, one in front for intake and one in back for exhaust and I gutted the side arm thing that just got in the way which got me some good airflow for the GPU area. That having been said, the smilodon is incredibly small to me so something like this obsidian 650D would be awesome. It looks fantastic and wouldn't suck to move around. I have been liking the ease of moving my mid tower around too much haha

It's pretty loud, but my roommates machine is way louder with a Vantec Tornado on the CPU...but yeah, case and mobo are my next upgrades. I would really like this 650D because of how it looks, but it would be a lot quieter than my current configuration.