Getting Users Back

gebraset

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm back. The school decided 95F was a good temperature for all the dorms to be at so they cranked the temp. Unfortunately, my room is near the boiler and subsequently, the air temp was around 115F. Both rigs overheated and shut down to protect themselves. Now I'm back, temperature is stabilized and hopefully it won't happen again.

Well I'm back. The school decided 95F was a good temperature for all the dorms to be at so they cranked the temp. Unfortunately, my room is near the boiler and subsequently, the air temp was around 115F. Both rigs overheated and shut down to protect themselves. Now I'm back, temperature is stabilized and hopefully it won't happen again.

They did that same crap when I was in the dorm too. It's so annoying.

• 3 weeks later...

Hit 79F inside the other day so im down to one client. Have to quit entirely pretty soon. May get one running for a while when it gets hot enough to cut on the ac but im pretty much out till next fall. :(

:foldon:

79 F and you're quitting? Weak. I've been from 79-84 for days now and I still fold on the 250 and CPU. The 570 I just fold at night because it is loud and hot though.

If you or anyone want it, I could put something together explaining how to have a console client only fold at night, when things are cooler. Wouldn't take me too long to write, but I only use the console clients, so it may not translate well to others who use the GUI clients.

I will be starting again soon because I am moving the PC out of my room.

It's a little had to fold on 2x 560s and a 2500k that sit less than a meter from the bed. Inside a case that bathes the room with so much blue light it is ridiculous :lol:

But should be back to 12-13k ppd per 560 and can't remember what my 2500k was folding pretty sure I didn't fold on it often just to keep case temp down a bit so the GPU fans wouldn't ramp too much. It's nicer to leave them at an almost silent 40% fan speed and 60C than 60% and 70C

79 F and you're quitting? Weak. I've been from 79-84 for days now and I still fold on the 250 and CPU. The 570 I just fold at night because it is loud and hot though.

If you or anyone want it, I could put something together explaining how to have a console client only fold at night, when things are cooler. Wouldn't take me too long to write, but I only use the console clients, so it may not translate well to others who use the GUI clients.

My case cooling sucks, and there is little ventilation under my desk. I'm reading 80C on my gpu_1 right now, and that with only that one gpu folding. I prefer not to run any higher than that for extended periods of time as it starts to artifact.

Huh. My 570 also has been hitting 80 C, but it hasn't had any problems. Still, I don't like it running that hot. The 250 though is only at 66 C now while it is folding. Not sure what it can take, but I completely understand not wanting it at 80 C.

If I started folding again, I'd lose a lot of money on the electric bill, or have a power failure... six i7 2600K/2700K's at 4.7GHz - 4.9GHz, two i7 920/950's at 4.2GHz - 4.3GHz. One HD 7970, five GTX 580's, two GTX 570's, and two GTX 560 Ti's. All on water and overclocked.

Two or three of the systems will be sold in a month or two, but I have a lot of folding power on hand right now.