ASUS F2A85-V PRO Motherboard Reviewed

Bosco

Fixed thanks for pointing it out.

ok i did it,...i'm now on my new asus F2a85-v pro and new 5800k...it's a done deal ! ...all went perfectly !!

power up, one beep, bios load n check, and win8 up...piece a cake !

once i get settings properly configured and maxed out i'll let you all know how it does and change my sig

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok i did it,...i'm now on my new asus F2a85-v pro and new 5800k...it's a done deal ! ...all went perfectly !!

power up, one beep, bios load n check, and win8 up...piece a cake !

once i get settings properly configured and maxed out i'll let you all know how it does and change my sig

now i would like some suggestions for a super good, very cool, self contained, liquid cooling system,....what would work the best for a 5800k ?

now i would like some suggestions for a super good, very cool, self contained, liquid cooling system,....what would work the best for a 5800k ?

If you are looking to put a healthy OC to it, the H-100 like I used in the review is a good pairing.

If you are looking to put a healthy OC to it, the H-100 like I used in the review is a good pairing.

yep you betcha red, healthy overclock is the way ! ,...so thanx for that, the h100 it is !!,...i'll be heading over to microcenter very soon !!!

yep you betcha red, healthy overclock is the way ! ,...so thanx for that, the h100 it is !!,...i'll be heading over to microcenter very soon !!!

i still have my swiftech triple rad and danger den I-7 1156 tdx, but i'm not sure i wanna go alll out like that on this build...

WP_002734.jpg

cpuz is bone stock settings, with a simple bios performance overclock...

Some more pics

WP_002726.jpg

WP_002733.jpg

Untitledcpuz.jpg

i still have my swiftech triple rad and danger den I-7 1156 tdx, but i'm not sure i wanna go alll out like that on this build...

WP_002734.jpg

cpuz is bone stock settings, with a simple bios performance overclock...

Some more pics

now we're good to go ....i'll play with it some more tomorrow...WP_002737.jpg

WP_002735.jpg

WP_002736.jpg

If you have not overclocked using digital power before, it can look a bit foreign. Holler if you would like help :)

i might need a lil help red thanx, but i just did the auto tune using the ai tuner and went right on up to 100.1 x 45 ,...4500mhz in a matter of a few minutes,....crazy man ! ,...but imma get more into it tomorrow if i don't get called out to work,...thanx again for everything !!

quick question: what temp monitor program are amd cpu's using,...my realtemp doesn't work on this...

yup, ASUS has far and away the best software on the market. I used auto-tune in Turbo V for the review and it found 4.5GHz in about 25 seconds. You will probably be able to get 1.1GHz or better on the GPU as well.

yup, ASUS has far and away the best software on the market. I used auto-tune in Turbo V for the review and it found 4.5GHz in about 25 seconds. You will probably be able to get 1.1GHz or better on the GPU as well.

howz this look red ?cpuz 2.jpg

either of these are good

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

http://openhardwaremonitor.org/

I am interested to see what kind of OC you can get when you manually OC. 4.5 with Auto tune would seem to suggest 4.7+ :thumbsup:

the hwmonitor is cool, thanx :thumbsup:

i just popped out the the 6870 and plugged into the onboard/cpu 7660D graphics, played a few minutes of BlackMesa to check it out and i'm noticing some reduceed image quality that seems to me to be a little bit grainier or fuzzier texture than i like... the 6870's have a crystal clear image quality that (i guess) is hard to beat with the on die video...my eye's are having a little trouble adjusting to this lesser quality...

i think imma have to go back to the discreet video and cfx up both 6870's...