the Fitness Thread

Started at late 9, so that makes almost 14 years now. Had a bad influence of an older brother. Was kicking my butt..

You started smoking at 9 ? Geez, I dont want to see what your lungs look like when your 60 - if you dont die of lung cancer before that

I can proudly say I've never smoked, never done hard drugs, dont drink and never plan to do any of them. Straight-edge ftw :cool2:

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You started smoking at 9 ? Geez, I dont want to see what your lungs look like when your 60 - if you dont die of lung cancer before that

I can proudly say I've never smoked, never done hard drugs, dont drink and never plan to do any of them. Straight-edge ftw :cool2:

Soft ones are still bad for you, so not so much straight edge.

Soft ones are still bad for you, so not so much straight edge.

I havent taken any :huh: I only said "hard" drugs because I consider soft drugs as the drugs (anitbiotics or painkillers) that doctors prescribe for when you are sick - I take those

I havent taken any :huh: I only said "hard" drugs because I consider soft drugs as the drugs (anitbiotics or painkillers) that doctors prescribe for when you are sick - I take those

ah, i too thought otherwise when you said no hard drugs, i would call those medicines, even though they are drugs of a sort, many people regard "soft" drugs as something a little more herbal :whistling:

ah, i too thought otherwise when you said no hard drugs, i would call those medicines, even though they are drugs of a sort, many people regard "soft" drugs as something a little more herbal :whistling:

Oh lol. Ok so no drugs, just medicine :)

No, socks are on my feet like usual. But for whatever reason, once I wear socks my hands no longer sweat as bad as they do when I'm barefoot.

ha ha Okay I was genuinely worried ;)

Three and a half years of a pack of reds a day has already kicked my butt.

I too regret starting smoking when at 15...

Started at late 9, so that makes almost 14 years now.
Damn ... 9?

Rolling your own is definitely cheaper though!

I still have all my rolling equipment, I roll my own occasionally.

I'd like to say that I've quit smoking, but I have maybe 10-15 a week on average.

Much more if I'm drinking a lot. :lol::dunno:

I used to bike pretty much everywhere I went when I was younger, my leg muscles were disproportionately large from all the pedaling.

I could run ~18mph for a short period of time too, now at this point in my life I run 8mph for 18 feet and I'm huffing and puffing.

I really need to get back into shape, I'm only 23, wtf?

the trick is when you first start, make it easy and short..

you don't want it to last more than 30mins and don't try and take some bodybuilders routine..start simple

post your routine, so I can see if it's a bit too much to start off :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Basically i just go on the tredmil for about 30 mins twice a day, once when I wake up around 5:30 am and once when I get home from work around 4pm. The next day I use this total gym thing (some off brand version of the total gym) 45mins once a day when I get home from work. I do like 25 mins working on my arms and stomach region, then the rest of the time on my legs. And thats it besides the warm up and cool down of my work outs. The plan is to do it 5-6 times a week, alternating between the two different work outs each day. But like I said don't really make it past the 3rd or 4th day :/ Been trying to get into this rountine for like 6-8 months now

Thanks for all the advice everyone. Basically i just go on the tredmil for about 30 mins twice a day, once when I wake up around 5:30 am and once when I get home from work around 4pm. The next day I use this total gym thing (some off brand version of the total gym) 45mins once a day when I get home from work. I do like 25 mins working on my arms and stomach region, then the rest of the time on my legs. And thats it besides the warm up and cool down of my work outs. The plan is to do it 5-6 times a week, alternating between the two different work outs each day. But like I said don't really make it past the 3rd or 4th day :/ Been trying to get into this rountine for like 6-8 months now

Start with a lighter workout, a heavy one like that makes it hard to get in the habit.

Your body has no time to rest. If the running is strenous, then cut back to only once a day. And for the total gym, I'd say ease on the leg workout, since you're also running.

Do you eat right? Not that you have to be super healthy or anything, but does your diet mainly consist of fastfood and takeaway or do you cook yourself? That's usually the most important place to look, when wanting to either loose weight or to get in shape.