Batman: Arkham City

bp9801

Gameplay video. Looks so awesome!!

I hope those are preliminary character models. One of my favorite parts of BAA was the amazing character models, better than any game I've seen. These look....fake, shiny, flat. I hope the shorter production time didn't cause them to screw this up.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope those are preliminary character models. One of my favorite parts of BAA was the amazing character models, better than any game I've seen. These look....fake, shiny, flat. I hope the shorter production time didn't cause them to screw this up.

You always seem worried about character models when a game is still a good six months away from launch. :lol:

Thus why I said "I hope those are preliminary"

I think you're trying to make something out of nothing. I don't see much of anything wrong with those character models aside from them being a touch too shiny at times. The scene with Batman and Catwoman around the 1:30 mark not withstanding, the back of Bats looks downright plain.

i gotta agree with clay on this one. watched in in 720p and IMO Bat's outfit doesn't look very detailed compared to AA. but most of the others look pretty good so far. although they could be pre-rendered cutscenes for all we know.

The new Harley Quinn look is :woot::wub:

i gotta agree with clay on this one. watched in in 720p and IMO Bat's outfit doesn't look very detailed compared to AA. but most of the others look pretty good so far. although they could be pre-rendered cutscenes for all we know.

The new Harley Quinn look is :woot::wub:

I don't think the new Harley is any better or worse than the old one....I loved the old one.

I thought Catwoman was horrible and if only one model gets "fixed", I hope it's that one. ugh

I'm sure (read: hoping) that the models in the video just haven't gone through the final texturing process. Whenever I've made models for an animated scene, applying the proper texture was always one of the very last things I did. It was more getting the animations to move right before looking right.

Also, here is a look at the Riddler trophies in AC.

I don't think the new Harley is any better or worse than the old one....I loved the old one.

i did as well and that's why im glad they managed to make it different without making it better or worse

Sounds cool...not much more new info from what we've read in other previews about it though.

Yeah, it's nice having it all in one place but it is just a bunch of other stuff we've already known. Still, I like the idea of having to interrogate someone to get the next Riddler trophy.

Yeah, it's nice having it all in one place but it is just a bunch of other stuff we've already known. Still, I like the idea of having to interrogate someone to get the next Riddler trophy.

If I can't water board them then I'm not interested. :cheers: