windows 7 pro&ultimate

Pteroduck

I was just wondering but can windows 7 ultimate take 32 gigs of ram?

I was reading up on another forum that someone had problems with their computer because they had 32 gigs of ram and they had home premium so i was wondering

If you had windows 7 professional or ultimate would that accept 32 gigs of ram? I know home premium doesnt

I was just wondering but can windows 7 ultimate take 32 gigs of ram?

I was reading up on another forum that someone had problems with their computer because they had 32 gigs of ram and they had home premium so i was wondering

If you had windows 7 professional or ultimate would that accept 32 gigs of ram? I know home premium doesnt

That would be a hardware problem not a software problem. I use upwards of 32GB and have tested 64GB with both Home and pro with no issues. More memory is harder on the memory controller so you need to tweak the controller voltage a little to handle it.

That would be a hardware problem not a software problem. I use upwards of 32GB and have tested 64GB with both Home and pro with no issues. More memory is harder on the memory controller so you need to tweak the controller voltage a little to handle it.

According to Microsoft w7 home basic 64 will only handle 8gb, home premiun is 16 gb. :dunno:

According to Microsoft w7 home basic 64 will only handle 8gb, home premiun is 16 gb. :dunno:

I don't know how they manage this. a 64bit architecture should not point to limited amount of RAM, but to 16 exabytes of RAM. :evilgrin:

@OP: If the OS isn't 32bit, it will support 32GB of RAM, and even 64GB of RAM.

Version Limit on X86 Limit on X64

Windows 7 Ultimate 4 GB 192 GB

Windows 7 Enterprise 4 GB 192 GB

Windows 7 Professional 4 GB 192 GB

Windows 7 Home Premium 4 GB 16 GB

Windows 7 Home Basic 4 GB 8 GB

Windows 7 Starter 2 GB N/A

From Microsfot webste http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#physical_memory_limits_windows_7

Version Limit on X86 Limit on X64

Windows 7 Ultimate 4 GB 192 GB

Windows 7 Enterprise 4 GB 192 GB

Windows 7 Professional 4 GB 192 GB

Windows 7 Home Premium 4 GB 16 GB

Windows 7 Home Basic 4 GB 8 GB

Windows 7 Starter 2 GB N/A

From Microsfot webste http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#physical_memory_limits_windows_7

LOL, that's the same site I tried to post , right from the horse's mouth. :biggrin: